Chewable Calcium

Its a Secret
on 12/7/11 12:10 pm, edited 1/24/12 8:39 pm
Removed because OH has chosen to share my as well as others posts, uploaded pictures, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/7/11 12:14 pm
Which brand have ya got? I like the Bariatric advantage soft chews in lemon, they taste like a starburst.

But I haven't found a way around the chalkiness of the hard chewables. Lots of water or milk sometimes helps get it down.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

HeatherLynn
on 12/7/11 1:13 pm - TX
 I've discovered that sucking on them helps. 

My angel is RagamuffinB, and she rocks! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 2:00 pm
Are they flavored?  You can try to dissolve them in something but not knowing the flavor I am not sure what to suggest.  Maybe Crystal Light? Are they too bid just to swallow or cut in half and swallow? Just because they say chewabole doesn't mean you have to chew them.
sandyv63
on 12/7/11 10:00 pm - Naples, FL
I have the big round vanilla flavored wafers from Carlsson and post DS, I can't eat them. I got a bottle of Calcium citrate in capsules, very easy to swallow. Each capsule is 250mg so 2 capsules 4x a day gives me 2,000mg Calcium. I think that should be enough.  As for your chewables, the only thing I can suggest is to chop them up and suck them down fast or chew quickly till they are swallow-able and suck them down quickly. If you can do any of this without hurling, congratulations. I had to wuss out and find capsules, because the big horse tablets were not going to do it either.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Julie R.
on 12/8/11 9:18 am - Ludington, MI
 I have the BA cherry flavored, and like someone else mentioned, I suck on them.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Its a Secret
on 12/8/11 9:21 am
I think that's the flavor I've got.  I had a freind try one and she like it so it might just be me :(

Thanks guys!

Sheanie
on 12/9/11 1:19 am
Best way to hide the taste of those is in the garbage can.  They're also abrasive on your teeth, and increase the rate of tartar build-up. 

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 441 views