Vitamins & Antibiotics Question

Stephanie C.
on 11/16/11 10:14 pm - nashville, TN

I have a vitamin question for any of the guru’s out there. I am a year and a half out from surgery and my labs have always been great. Last month I had a kidney stone that caused a severe kidney infection that required me to be hospitalized for 10 days. I have been very resistant to the antibiotic treatments and my PCP and urologist asked me to stop taking my vitamins to see if they were interfering with the antibiotics. That has helped the antibiotics work better but I still have 1 week of antibiotic treatment and I haven’t had my vitamins in 3 weeks and I’m really feeling the difference. Which vitamins can I start back on that won’t interfere with antibiotics?

Also just a comment on Dr. Houston’s excellent staff. When I was in the hospital and tried explaining the DS and my dietary requirements to my nurse, she said I was being picky (needing protein instead of the chocolate pastry, pancakes, biscuit, and orange juice breakfast I was served). When I called Dr. Houston’s office, his nutritionist hand delivered a protein shaker and samples to me within 30 minutes and made sure that dietary knew I had special protein requirements by the next meal.

Elia-B
on 11/27/11 12:43 am
 Looks like you asked a stumper of a question.  Have you been able to start back on your vitamins yet?  I'm going back through the logs to find more information on vitamins and what people are using.  I will probably go with vitalady but I want to manage the cost some.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 441 views