Update on Lisa (lwoznick)

Julie R.
on 9/13/11 7:41 am - Ludington, MI
 I just got off the phone with Lisa, and she is out of surgery and is in her room.     She was amazingly more coherent than I think I am on a day-to-day basis.   Dr. Buchwald ended up having to perform a long limb RNY on her because her pouch was so extremely high and small, that he would have had to cut into her esophagus, which ultimately could have created another set of problems.   She was originally told in the recovery room that she had had the DS and was deeply disappointed to discover once she got to her room that she'd had the ERNY.  She is currently uncomfortable with her NG tube and groggy, and is worried that she won't do as well with this weight-loss wise.   Dr. B. has reassured her that as a lightweight, she is going to do just fine.   I told her that if it's any consolation, her ****'s going to smell the same as a full DS'er.   She expressed concern that now she wouldn't be accepted within our switch brotherhood/sisterhood.  I told her if anyone tried to pull that, I'd kick the crap out of them.   Let's welcome this wonderful young lady to the Dark Side!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

elixir
on 9/13/11 7:57 am - MI
Regardless of the surgery performed, I'm sure everyone is just glad to hear that she is doing well.
Speedy recovery, Lisa!

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

k9ophile
on 9/13/11 12:23 pm
On September 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM Pacific Time, elixir wrote:
Regardless of the surgery performed, I'm sure everyone is just glad to hear that she is doing well.
Speedy recovery, Lisa!

I'll ditto that!  So her surgery didn't go as she hoped; she's just as welcome here as she ever was.  We all have something to learn and I hope she'll be an active member of our board.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

MajorMom
on 9/13/11 8:06 am - VA
I have an extra pair of ass-kickin' Army boots if anyone tries to snub her, Julie. They're yours if you need them. Tell her she's more than welcome to visit the lightweight board too.

Welcome to the dark side, Lisa!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Imissthe80s
on 9/13/11 8:07 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Of course she's welcome here! I plan to be here even if I get denied 9 different ways til Sunday for my DS! The DS comes from the heart and you just feel it, whether or not you've got it! Yes, I'm crazy but I've had more caffeine than usual today, so that may explain it.

DianaRR
on 9/13/11 8:54 am - CA
I wish her a smooth and simple recovery.
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 10:02 am
Tell her that I'm sending recovery vibes and smooth sailing to get outta there. 

Hugs,
Ratkity
Rena H.
on 9/13/11 10:32 am - Spokane, WA
I am pulling for a speedy recovery for her as well! Let her know we are here for her.
HW - 395 / SW - 358 / GW - 150

Tinabean
on 9/13/11 10:37 am - MN
Lisa can feel disappointed about not being able to have the DS, but she is a DS'er a heart and a part of the group whether she wants to be or not!! Sending her thoughts of healing and care!
Nicolle
on 9/13/11 10:54 am
Thanks for the update, Julie! Good for you, Lisa! Don't worry about us here and our stupid crap. Just heal, walk, drink, get in your protein. You'll do great!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 717 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1024 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 343 views