Need help having problems eating anything

MARTINA P.
on 8/27/11 2:56 am - ROCKMART, GA
 OK it took alot for me to come to the website again and ask questions.  I had DS surgery was converted to distal RNY and now I have no stomach.  I need help trying to figure out what to eat and training my body to eat.  Since they took my stomach I feel funny when I eat and have not found anything to help me with this.  Look before you ask I am not asking my doctor or nut because they seem not to understand what I am going through.   Please help. 
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

SweetnessandGrace
on 8/27/11 3:22 am - ID
Hi Martina!  I remember you from before, and I remember hearing about all your troubles.  I'm so sorry.  You don't deserve such misery.  However, I think if anyone can make the most of your situation it is you.  You seem like a pretty tough cookie!

I know when I am having troouble with food I turn to soup.  I don't mean canned!  If I don't feel like making a soup I head to my favorite restaurant.  And I'm not a nazi about what kind, either.  If the special is broccoli and cheese then that is what I eat.  I love creamy onion from Outback, or Zuppa from Olive Garden. 

I'm sure the folks on this forum will have all kinds of good ideas for you.  They are, for the most part, incredibly caring and giving people, and so knowledgeable! 

Please take care, and love yourself.  You are exceptional!
Debra

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

Kathleen F.
on 8/27/11 3:44 am

You might want to talk to Dina McBride. She has no stomach either. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/dinamcb/

no_more_rolls
on 8/27/11 3:48 am - Jackson, MI
Although I am not a revision, I agree with the previous poster...soup, soup, soup, and more soup.  Egg drop has become a staple.  I've also found jello and occassionally yogurt help when my stomach is not quite feeling well.  

Also since you are a revision, I suggest you consider cross posting your question in the revision forum.  There are probably many more people over there that can suggest something.  

I help you find relief and feel better soon 

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Renee2007
on 8/27/11 3:48 am - Central, FL
 Maybe you could post what you have tried and didn't work and then we could offer some suggestions. The first things I think of are soft and mushy types of food. Cottage cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, baked fish, baked ricotta cheese topped with marinara sauce, greek yogurt, cheese. I have no idea how many of those things you have tried. You can also keep your protein up with shakes until things settle down.

Hopefully Dina McBride will see your post and chime in. She also has no stomach.

I'm so sorry you have been through so much!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

MARTINA P.
on 8/27/11 3:59 am - ROCKMART, GA
I have tried yogurt, egg drop soups, baked fish, Greek yogurt and can not tolerate it.  To be honest  I am having problems with shakes as well it is getting worst.  It is not because I do not like protein  either because I was drinking approx 85 grams of protein a day not counting what I ate before surgery.  I am even struggling with water.   OK I have a stupid question how do you make baked ricotta cheese.  I do not eat cottage cheese.  Since I had surgery the one thing that I ate that was good and I did not throw up is a couple of bites of a BBQ Pork salad from Subway.  I will cross post so thanks for recommendation 

MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        

Renee2007
on 8/27/11 4:10 am - Central, FL
 You just take ricotta cheese and mix in beaten eggs and some parmesean cheese...think stuffing for manicotti. and some oregano or italian seasoning. Place it in a shallow baking dish and let it get warm and bubbly. Top it with some sauce if you'd like. Ricotta chesse by itself doesn't have much taste so adding thigs to it make it much better in my opinion. There's also the ricotta fluff it's a sweet way of eating it. You mix in SF pudding and half & half and it's a different spin on it. I don't care for the fluff. I like my ricotta savory.

When you say you can't tolerate things...do you mean it causes stomach upset or you just don't like the taste of things? You're going to HAVE to find some form of protein that you can tolerate. Not getting in your protein will cause a host of problems.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

MARTINA P.
on 8/27/11 4:18 am - ROCKMART, GA
 When I say I can not tolerate I mean that it upset stomach causing diarrhea immediately or making me throw up.  I am currently having to be on TPN which is giving me protein.  I am really trying to get through this.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        

Renee2007
on 8/27/11 4:23 am - Central, FL
 I have seen others talk about adding food back in while or after being on TPN and it can be a slow process. I am glad to know that you are getting in your protein. I didn't realize you were on TPN. I hope it gets better for you very soon. I wish I could be of more help.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/11 4:16 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom