Stupid calves!!

KellyJTn
on 8/15/11 6:12 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I know some have mentioned that their calves took a while to shrink. How long exactly?  Mine are frustrating me SO bad! I'm at 196lbs, so I only have 46lbs left to go til goal, and my calves are freaking HUGE. They are almost the size of my thighs still. Measured them today and they're 19" around, still too big for even the plus sized knee boots. I'm in a size 16, with calves the size of a 300lb woman. I'm so so aggravated. I was SO hopeful that I could buy my first pair of knee high boots for this fall, but they're not budging. *grumble*  When will they shrink? Ahh!! 

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

honeybadger 11
on 8/15/11 7:52 am - FL

I dont have real knowledge since im preop BUT i did ask the question awhile ago about my cankles shrinking and i will tell you tha the response was not promising:(

im sure Julie will chime in but she said the only time her cankles looked good is when sthe rest of her looked sickly then once she rebounded a few lbs the cankles were back! She said she is still not able to wear knee boots (i think shes 5yrs out)

Sorry hun, i hope someone else is able to give you the answer that you want. Im sure the rest of you is rocking after all the weight you've lost so work it baby!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

* Gail R *
on 8/15/11 7:55 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Our legs have had to carry a lot of weight around for a long time. I bet your calves aren't so much \fat as muscular. Mine have finally gotten into proportion after two years. But, since I am older, I am dismayed to find that my skin sags a lot behind my calves when I put my feet up. Be glad you did this when you are young.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

KellyJTn
on 8/15/11 8:35 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Gail, when I sit on the couch and prop my feet up on the coffee table, my calves hang there, just like my batwings do. They feel like jell-o and swing back and forth. I'm really hoping that they don't require a reduction like my arms will, they are just disgusting looking!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/15/11 8:57 am - Tuvalu

I thought you meant younger relatives of stupid cows...

Or maybe...

orangecrushed
on 8/16/11 1:33 am - Triad, NC
LOL, that middle pic cracked me up!
Tabitha70
on 8/15/11 9:41 am
I have 'batwing' calves and as far as I know, there is no plastic surgery for them like your arms and thighs.

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

Darma
on 8/15/11 11:54 am
Oh yes there is surgery!  I've had it.  When I had my thighs done he went all of the way down my leg on the inside to about 4" from my ankles.  I have had Slavic legs my whole life and the excess skin was something to behold after having lost 300lbs.  I saw Joseph Capella in NJ and this type of surgery is not uncommon after massive wt. loss or if your legs are out of proportion related to the rest of your body.  Hold on and see where you settle after the wt. is gone and you're about 1 yr. in maintenance.
Tabitha70
on 8/16/11 1:24 am
Good news to read!!  (just in case I ever win the lottery)  :-)

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

AmandaID
on 8/15/11 1:51 pm - Shoshone, ID
 I know this is not what you want to hear, but they may never get pretty and tiny. I weigh 155, and my calves still are too big for plus-size boots... My feet slosh around in them because my feet are narrow, but I can't get the dang things zipped up! And let me tell you, ski boots hurt like hell! I really hope you have better luck than me. I've given up ever thinking they are going to get little, because I'm 5 1/2 years out. My plastic surgeon said I built up so much muscle tissue hauling around my 300-lb self that it's just there, and not anything that can really be surgically dealt with. Sorry to not have a better story for you.

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 862 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1110 views
Need help for my mom