Need some help PLEASE

ginany
on 8/12/11 6:05 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Dont know if anyone can help or just the Dr Mitchell Roslin patients.
Within the packet they give you at the seminar, there is a piece of paper they want your PCP to fill out stating the 6 month supervised diet.  She would not ill it out today becasuse she said she did not know how and she has not followed m y diet for  months. The sheet had a few boxes and they say:

type of diet       calorie restriction     other

specific type of exercise         frequency     duration

physical limitiitaions

pharmacotherapy               behavior modification     comments
consideration       

Than she has to sign the bottom

I am so bummed out all day because she wouldnt do it.
Any sugestions on what she should write or what the insurance companies want to see?

she said to see  a nutritionist to fill it out and she would sign it

Thanks
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Bad-Kitty
on 8/12/11 7:57 am - NY
Call Roslin's office for clarifacation.  I remember filling out a sheet like that but I don't recall the PCP having to sign it.  I listed the many times I joined Weigh****cher's and all the diets I tried on my own (Atkins, low fat, liquid diet, ect.)
Jody W.
on 8/12/11 3:53 pm - Windsor, CT
I am one of Roslin's Patience and I did not have to fill this out because my insurance did not require it.... good luck!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 11:56 pm - Yorktown, VA
It sounds like your insurance requires a physician supervised 6 month diet.  You may have to do this for the next 6 months with your PCP....come up with a plan and have her monitor and weigh you monthly.  If she won't do it, then find another PCP.
NoMore B.
on 8/13/11 1:09 am
Have you had your consult yet, or just attended the seminar?  If you havent had your consult yet, just wait until you do.  The insurance coordinator will meet with you then and let you know what is needed for your plan. 

If I remember that form correctly, I filled mine out myself.  Dr Roslin used the info in my approval submission but it didnt need to come from my PCP.

If you have had your consult already, I would call the insurance coordinator and ask them if you need that from your PCP.  Unless your insurance company requires proof of a 6 month medically supervised diet I do not think you need your PCP to do anything.
ginany
on 8/13/11 1:49 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Yes I filled out a form like that.  It listed all the types of possible diet plans.  There was another one that sttes 6 month supervised diet. 
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

ginany
on 8/13/11 1:51 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Wow OK that was helpful.  She said at the seminar they have been getting around the 6 month diet and getting people approved without it.  My insurance is HIP
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1060 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1221 views
Need help for my mom