Brachioplasty question

KellyJTn
on 7/27/11 11:11 am - Oak Ridge, TN
Back when I was a pre-op, the surgeon told me to wait atleast a year before I did any kind of plastic surgery. I've also read on plastic surgeon sites that after weight loss you should wait 12-18 mths after you are at a stable weight before plastics. I'm not really interested in having my tummy tuck/thighs/boobs done just yet because I want to be smaller before those. However, how early out can I get my arms done and them actually look good. I have lost 162lbs and went from 364 to my current 202. My goal weight is 150. I have no problem at all waiting until I hit 150, but once I hit it, how long should I wait after that, or can I do it right away? Could I do it right now at 202 and them turn out ok?  I just want the best results, so I'm not still uncomfortable wearing tank tops afterwards.

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

yorkieGal
on 7/27/11 11:32 am - Clermont, FL
HI Kelly, you may get the most answers from this question on the plastics forum, however, there are quite a few of us who had their arms done. My plastic surgeon has said he prefers people to be at their goal for at least 6 months , so I guess for you that would mean 150. I think if you do it too soon you may find the results are not as good as you'd like.

I am due to have my arms, TT and boobs done in early 2012 so I wish you all the best!!

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

gak
on 7/27/11 12:19 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Kelly,
I waited 3 months and my plastics doc approved that. I think different docs have different ideas on this... I heard basically stable at one weight for 3 months minimum.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Renee2007
on 7/27/11 1:47 pm - Central, FL
 Your results can change if you have it done and then continue to lose a considerable amount of weight. That's why most surgeons prefer you to be at or near your goal weight and to maintain it for about 6 months. I have a friend who had her arms done and then lost another 40 pounds and had to have a revision. It caused her scars to be much wider and more noticeable.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Kayla B.
on 7/27/11 2:09 pm - Austin, TX
I would want to feel really stable at my weight before doing plastics.  You wouldn't believe how much your body can change even just puttering around a few pounds here and there.  My boobs pretty much walked off the planet with the last 10 pounds I lost.  Went from a DD to a B/C so fast, my head is still spinning.

I would want a stable weight for at least 3 months before going on a consult.  That gives a little wiggle room and a couple months to keep settling before going under the knife.  Way too expensive to risk bad results when just a couple months can make a big difference.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
KellyJTn
on 7/27/11 3:13 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
Thank you ladies so much for the advice. I definitely do not want to have bad results by having it done too soon.

I do have one more question though. My surgeon set my goal weight as 150. Now does that mean 150 with the loose skin (making me 130-140 after removal), or would that be more like 160-170 with it being removed already?  Does that even make sense? LOL  Just wondering, so I can kind of judge by when I need to start counting my "stable weight" months.   I want these batwings gone, can you tell? LOL! 

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

yorkieGal
on 7/28/11 5:56 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Hon, I would get to 150 to be honest, very often people over estimate just how many pounds of skin there are. You can always gain a few if you need to but to be honest, most people have a bounce back anyway, so this will help you in the long run!!

Oh and make sure you labs are tip top before embarking on plastics, the better they are, the lower the risk for you and the better your body will bounce back.

If I were you, I wold start reading posts on the OH plastics forum, they are full of great info over there on scar management, extra protein before and after surgeryetc.

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 717 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1024 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 343 views