Fat and Protein?

a_new_mii
on 5/4/11 5:31 am - AZ
 Good afternoon everyone!

Hope all are well and happy.

Well surprise surprise...I have another question.

I've heard many talk about pushing unwanted foods and side effects "through" with fat and sugar.  My question is.. if you can push through the unwanted food, what about protein?  If you add mayo or butter to your meat protein will it shoot through too? Can it still be absorbed?  I'm trying to get most of my protein from food, but because a lot of protein is so dry, i add butter or mayo to make it easier to eat.  Is this defeating the purpose of eating the protein?

Any feedback is appreciated.

As always thank you for being here to help us misinformed Newbies.

Warm Hugs,
Ginger
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Kayla B.
on 5/4/11 5:42 am, edited 5/4/11 5:46 am - Austin, TX
Well, I've never heard of pushing things through with sugar, but to answer your question...maybe!

Malabsorption of fat can cause malabsorption of other nutrients as well due to fast transit time + unabsorbed fats can bind to other vitamins and minerals in the gut.

It won't totally defeat the purpose of eating it, but I could see how it can cause some malabsorption of protein.

Functionally, I would say if your protein labs (albumin, prealbumin included) are alright, then I would not worry about it.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
larra
on 5/4/11 6:43 am - bay area, CA
Never ever heard of sugar increasing malabsorption of protein, esp since we absorb sugar quite well.
     I've run into people who think if they eat a lot of fat, it will help everything else slide on through, but I have never seen any evidence to support this.
     Go with your labs. Eat plenty of protein, avoid sugar, and fat is ok but doesn't help you nutritionally (and excess fat WILL cause diarrhea, even if it doesn't hinder weight loss).
     I'm with you on getting most of all your protein from food if at all possible. I have, at most, one Adkins protein shake per week, which has a whopping 15 grams of protein. All other protein comes from real, delicious food, and my protein labs are just fine. You may not be able to manage this at first, but with time, most people can, if they wish.

Larra
airbender
on 5/4/11 6:46 am
I believe what you are referring to is when someone eats increased amounts of fat and sugar to induce diarrhea.  everyone is different to what causes and how much will cause diarrhea, but simple sugars, white flour eaten in large quantities will cause that scenario.  because you now will be causing diarrhea EVRYTHING you eat will essentially be malabsorbed as diarrhea itself means it stays in the system less time hence less absorption including protein
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 436 views