Driving after open or revision surgery

Linda .
on 4/5/11 4:17 am - Gilroy, CA
How soon after open or revision surgery were you able to drive?
jeff N.
on 4/5/11 4:58 am - Hagerstown, MD
 I was told as long as I was off pain meds for 24-36 hours I could drive.  I was dischardged from the hospital on a Monday and drove myself to my appointment that Friday (9 days after surgery)  I wasn't uncomfortable sitting and driving, and I had no other choice.
Join us on the July,2012 DS Cruise II, INTERESTED,Contact me.
Link to our FB Cruise page:  
www.facebook.com/home.php
495 HW/ 238 CW/ 225 or wherever GW 

mhiggins
on 4/5/11 5:16 am
I had open surgery, surgeon told me i was fine to drive the day after i left the hospital. Now I wouldnt be talking road trip or anything. I thnk I drove 2 days after being home from hospital, it wasnt fun but i made it. every bump felt like i was ripping out a stitch or something lol.
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

sosoclark
on 4/5/11 5:31 am - Sacramento, CA
I drove about 10 days after my open revision surgery.

teachmid
on 4/5/11 6:54 am - OKC, OK
I had an open revision and it was about 2 1/2 weeks. I was on pain meds until 2 weeks post op.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

PattyL
on 4/5/11 7:58 am
 As soon as you are off narcotics.  I took mine only in the evening so I could drive during the day.  No huge trips but around my small town.  Errands and such.  
Samaro ..
on 4/5/11 8:03 am
I drove short distances from about 10 days post open DS.  I put a small pillow between me and the seat belt so that the seat belt didn't irritate or push on my incision.

"Just Elizabeth "
on 4/5/11 11:57 pm - Houston, TX
I had my DS done open. My surgeon told me I could drive as long as I felt comfortable doing so. I felt like i could at about 10 days out I just didn't want to. Luckily I was in a situation where I didn't have to if I didn't want to. I worked with 35 men. I was the only woman. All I had to do was call any one of them up and go "Could you take me...?" And the reply would come back as where and when. When I went back to work 3 weeks after I wasn't allowed to pick up anything heavier than a pen. They drove me to the mail room and they picked up the mail. I had to go because I was the only one authorized to do so.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 928 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1146 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 404 views