Symptoms of a Stricture?

Ashley S.
on 10/31/04 8:43 am - Anywhere, US
Hi, Brief question: What are the symptoms of a stricture? I can eat soft foods with no problem, but when it comes to eating energy bars, or warm, dense foods like chicken or tuna or fish (cold or warm), I have a tendency to feel it in the lower part of my throat for about 10-15 minutes. I have no problems going to the bathroom, take benefiber every three days or so, and the stools are what is to be expected from someone eating so little. It's not that uncomfortable, but it is a bit frustrating. I will be calling the doctor tomorrow about it, but just wanted to get some feedback. I should mention I had this prior to surgery, but it was thought it was the meds I was taking. I stopped taking the meds and it went away. Johanna
tiffanys
on 11/1/04 7:05 am - Roseville, MI
Hi I had a stricture. What happened to me was (I was on a pureed diet) I was able to eat pureed meets and food really good. The next week those same foods that went down fine suddenly wouldnt pass. I had to bring them up. I compare the feeling like (pre surgery) you eat too big of a bite and don't chew it good enough and you get a pain low in your esophagus and you need to take a swig of water to wa**** down. Hope this helps
Tabitha W.
on 11/5/04 4:40 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Johanna, I had four "bowel obstructions" post-op! I could not even get hardly any water down. I agree with what Tiffany responded when she said that it feels like you took a big bite of something and it has to come up because it cant go down. Good luck! Tabitha
awidick
on 12/16/04 4:49 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi there, Hey I was wondering, did you ever find out your problem was? I have the same exact symtoms. (sorry, that word doesn't look like it is spelled right). Any way, my dr wont do anything about it right now. Wants me to just do liquids for 8 weeks. YUK!! I did find out this morning that I have thrush. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Arlene
Most Active