Gastric bypass made me skinny but not happy

Wlstolemylife
on 3/3/16 12:03 am

In October of 2008 I had the gastric bypass. I was released from the hospital October of 2010. 2 weeks short of 2 years. I lost everything, my career, my husband and my immune system. Don't believe you can lose your immune system? I get pneumonia a minimum of 10 times a year. I receive IV's every 3 weeks to replace the part of my immune system contained within the blood that is now gone? Doubt me? I can prove it all. Think carefully before you do this surgery. Is being skinny worth losing everything that is important to you. The very things you live for.

Laura in Texas
on 3/19/16 7:36 pm
On March 3, 2016 at 8:03 AM Pacific Time, Wlstolemylife wrote:

In October of 2008 I had the gastric bypass. I was released from the hospital October of 2010. 2 weeks short of 2 years. I lost everything, my career, my husband and my immune system. Don't believe you can lose your immune system? I get pneumonia a minimum of 10 times a year. I receive IV's every 3 weeks to replace the part of my immune system contained within the blood that is now gone? Doubt me? I can prove it all. Think carefully before you do this surgery. Is being skinny worth losing everything that is important to you. The very things you live for.

I'll bite. Prove it. I know complications occur, but you just joined and then posted this???? You sound like you have an agenda here. Complications can and do occur but the overwhelming majority of us do not have them. It is important to hear stories of people who have complications but then we all get to make our own decisions.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Wlstolemylife
on 3/20/16 9:11 am

My "agenda" is to let people know that things like this do happen. I can prove any and everything I put in that post. I was in the hospital from 10/21/08 to 10/12/10. Which part are you doubting? I want to be sure I provide the correct documentation. 

Laura in Texas
on 3/20/16 4:01 pm

You are the one who said you could prove it. How actually are you going to prove it??

Your agenda seems to be to try to stop everyone from having weight loss surgery. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/16 12:59 pm - CA

It appears that you were in the hospital intermittently, throughout 2008-2011.  You spent a maximum of 3 months as an inpatient. You were not admitted in the hospital for 2 years, consecutively.   Complications do arise and you do seem to have some issues given the number of times you have been admitted.   This surgery was not the outcome you or your surgeon expected, I'm sure.  But, this is why this website is around, so that people can do as much research as possible about the procedures performed and the surgeons who perform them.   It is a decision each of us make and a risk we take.      People can search the website and find many stories like your own, they can find the list of members who have passed away after having WLS.  But, someone *****ally NEEDS this surgery, will have it, regardless of the complications. Because without, there is no guarantee they will be around if they don't.   

It is a decision I had to make 15 years ago and I would do it again in a heartbeat! 

Wlstolemylife
on 3/21/16 7:35 pm

As I stated in a previous post...anytime it shows me discharged it was to go to a rehabilitation hospital to learn to walk again and then back to the hospital every time they attempted to fix me. How can you say that I wasn't admitted consecutively? I don't remember you being there. I was in the hospital nonstop for 2 weeks shy of 2 years. Why would I lie about that? It was hell. My ex husband is starting pre op testing next week for the bypass....I am not anti WLS. Yes...my case was extreme but it can and does happen. Anyone thinking about WLS needs to know that. Please by all means let me know what would suffice to prove that I was there consecutively?

Boxerlover3452
on 6/29/16 8:40 am
RNY on 06/06/16

Your husband left you and now HE's having surgery?  The way your post reads is he left you because YOU had the WLS and now you say he's having the surgery?   Hhhmmm.  I can't believe ALL OF THIS happened to you due to the WLS.  If your husband left you because you wanted to be healthier and look better, then it sounds to me like you didn't lose much.

lovestocrop
on 6/28/16 9:32 pm

I am curious about the dead member list????

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/20/16 6:07 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am with Laura.  PROVE IT.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Wlstolemylife
on 3/20/16 9:19 am

Most Active