Monday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 4/11/11 4:40 am - Vancouver, WA
OK folks here we are a brand new week let's get this forum rolling. So many people say how great it is to have this forum, let's use it. If there is something you'd like to see going on or you'd like to post inspirational items feel free to put them here. This forum is for you so take advantage of it and use it freely. God bless! Karen
mom41
on 4/11/11 7:31 am
 Hi I am new :) I got banded last Monday. I am praying to God for strength and healing. I know he loves me and I want to get this stronghold of overeating off my back.  I am taking one day at a time and I will keep fighting even if I have a long term setback at some point. Thanks for having the board. 
Patricia R.
on 4/11/11 8:02 am - Perry, MI
I want to praise the Lord for some relief from the toe pain yesterday.  It came back today with a vengeance. 

Please pray for my Mom.  She has been sick with a cold/bronchitis, something for about a month now, and has only seen the doctor once, about three weeks ago.  She refuses to go back to the doctor at all, yet does not hesitate to complain about how long she has been sick. 

I would also appreciate prayer for my sister.  She got the lapband in June, and does not follow any dietary rules for weight loss surgery at all.  Last night, we were having a family dinner at my sis-in-law's, and she helped herself to chocolate cake, and water ice with ice cream in it.  The water ice was sugar free, but the ice cream was not.  I only had a little taste of the water ice, separate from the sugar.  I have been sugar free since Ash Wednesday, minus one cookie my granddaughter helped me make, last week.  Please pray she gets on track with the right diet.  She has experienced little weight loss as a result of her food choices.  She did not choose RNY because of her clot history, she and I have the same clotting disorder, and she developed clots about 11 years ago.  She was afraid that the more invasive surgery would triger clots.

Thanks,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 4/11/11 1:44 pm - Vancouver, WA
Welcome to the new visitor hope you come by often! Good to see you back Trish I was starting to get concerned that you tootsies were worse. It's amazing how much pain those little toes can cause. I feel sorry for your sister because unless she's willing to diet and exercise she won't lose much. Myself I very much regret that I got the band because I've only lost 20-30 lbs depends on whether I've stayed on track. I will say I haven't regained but I really expected to lose alot more than that. I've just never been able to get steady restriction, I'm either too tight or too loose so I had my band emptied completely this week. It costs me $225 for a fill or unfill so I can't affored that everytime my band decides to change it's mind. The doc told me that unfortunately I'm in the 20% that they are finding can't handle the restriction because we are too sensitive to the pressure. So I guess I'll just stay fat and happy! As long as I have the Lord I'm good whether I'm skinny or fat!
Wish you could get your mom talked into going to the doc, lung problems can so easily turn into pneumonia or worse. Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 rounds of meds before I can shake lung issues. Tell her I said she has to go! Yea that'll scare her, who the heck is that woman to tell me to go to the doctor! Take care and I'm praying for you!
Most Active