Out of control

Linda W.
on 3/31/11 9:13 am - Vancouver, WA
My eating is out of control. What are your thought on the 5 day pouch test or other ways to get ahold of a run away train? The problem is at work, I find myself grazing. Night & weekends are easy, go figure.
Anyway thanks for the ideas & the prayer.
Blessings,
Linda

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/31/11 10:04 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Where do you buy the 5 day pouch test book? It might really help you get back on track. I know were you are coming from. God Bless
Evie
Patricia R.
on 3/31/11 11:58 am - Perry, MI
When I voewed to give up sugar, I found it easy to not nibble between meals.  Having restraint in one area strengthens me to say no in other areas,
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Linda W.
on 3/31/11 12:51 pm - Vancouver, WA

Thanks ladies. The book is at Barnes & Noble & I have printed the plan from the website. Giving up sugar probably will help also. Again many, many thanks!!
Bless you all!

Linda

Patricia R.
on 3/31/11 1:02 pm - Perry, MI
Yes, sugar is a huge gateway to nibbling and bingeing for me.  When I put it to rest, I do better in all of my food choices, and in the timing of my foods.  I eat better, and would probably be losing weight if I were not retaining water in my swollen leg where I had foot surgery.  My weight is irratic right now because of it.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 3/31/11 2:24 pm - Vancouver, WA
I agree with the other ladies dump the sugar and most white carby food. I am super sensitive to carbs, all it takes is to give in once and I'm rolling down that slippery slope again.
Carbs in veggies are fine but the processed stuff is what really gets me. I've read where lots of folks found the 5 day test to really help them get refocused so it can't hurt. Good luck to you!
jastypes
on 4/1/11 5:27 am - Croydon, PA
I'm not a fan of the 5-day pouch test because after 5 days you can revert right back to where you were!  I recently started going to OA (Overeaters Anonymous) to help me re-gain control over food and eating.  My eating plan includes no sugar, no snacky foods (pretzels/popcorn/chips), no fast food, no second helpings.  I have 24 days of abstinence, and it feels wonderful.  It took me a long time of trying different things to finally admit complete defeat.  I'm a huge supporter of 12-step programs.  I thought GBS would "cure" my food addiction, but it did not.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Linda W.
on 4/1/11 7:33 am - Vancouver, WA
thanks for the sugar & carb ideas, will put them into practice at once!!
As for OA, the one in my community is a joke. They meet, then go out for buffet lunch or dinner. Not my idea of good support.

Blessings!!

Linda

Most Active