Thyroid Cancer

summerjoyZ
on 7/1/11 7:04 am - TN
 I wanted to see if anyone else has had this and to see if you are having as hard a time as I am getting the thyroid meds right....

shamr0ck
on 7/2/11 10:46 pm
Adjustable Gastric Band on 12/20/10
I had a total thyroidectomy 2 years ago.  Seems like they have to tweak my meds every 6 months, because the blood levels bounce around.  As i'm losing weight, my dose is going UP, which is really odd.  Increased activity level affecting it, maybe?
Highest weight - 224   Surgery weight - 201   Current weight - 155
Goal - (surgeon) 155; (personal) 138-bodyfat 20%

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 2:13 pm
Thanks for share your experience...

Heyy Check this out....

we have Water Alkalizers.

[url=http://waterforlifeusa.com/]water ionizers[/url]
[url=http://waterforlifeusa.com/]alkaline water[/url]
kennethmiller12
on 7/21/11 6:58 pm
Thyroid is the disease related to endocrine gland and cause goitre due to deficenancy of Iodine in blood.
Tee
on 7/29/11 1:25 pm - Portland, OR
The thyroid is a gland and cancer of the thyroid is unrelated to goiter or iodine.

summerjoyZ
on 12/15/11 8:19 pm - TN
 WHy reply to something you know nothing about. I know what a thyroid is and I have had cancer so I know what it is like to not have one. 
rbb825
on 9/5/11 2:08 pm - Suffern, NY
it is very difficult to get our thyroid levels in check post op,not just for those with cancer but for anyone with thyroid problems.  It is very important to take your thyroid medications the proper way - on an empty stomach and not within 2-4hours of your iron and calcium.  There is new reseach out that thyroid medication actually works better if you take it at night on an empty stomach rather than in the morning.  You might want to try that and see if that helps.

I had to have my dose adjusted 4 or 5 times post op and I still have my thyroid.  I was also put on cytomel - another thyroid medication (T3) that helps synthroid work better.

sampc3
on 12/5/11 8:54 am - NY
I just had  a thyroidectomy on 11/15/11 due to thyroid cancer. I am waiting for results from my blood work, I am still so very tired.  I also take my synthyroid around 2 or 3 am with an empty stomach I read that its better to take meds in the wee hours of the morning since we have to take so many other vitamins and supplements we dont want them to interact together or they will not work. Can't take calcium and feracon within 4 hours of sinthroid. You should talk to your pharmacist.

Good luck,

Sam

HW 250, SW 236, GW 130, CW 145

alexa007
on 12/15/11 4:01 pm

There are some symptoms of thyroid cancer. With the help of these symptoms we can find out this cancer.

1.    *  Difficulty speaking in a normal voice

2.     *  Pain in the throat

3.     * Difficulty in breathing

4.     *  Swollen lymph nodes

summerjoyZ
on 12/15/11 8:17 pm - TN
 I had Thyroid cancer I know the symptoms. I just wanted to see if anyone had a hard time finding the right dose for the replacment meds. Thanks
Most Active