Let me introduce myself

mickeymantle
on 4/27/13 1:05 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

welcome im still waiting for my sleeve , all the tests are slowing me down , but it is better to be fat than dead so I can wait an other month or 2 to have the safest surgery

use the myfitnesspal.com , I lost over 60 lbs using it, and weigh and measure everything that goes in your mouth(told hubby he had to get on the scale before getting into bed lol)

everyone misjudges how much food they are eating , don't drink with your food and drinks lots of water at other times and you will lose also

almost everyone loses with the sleeve, if you don't you are probably doing something wrong call your nut or get a different nut if that one does not work

don't be in a rush to get more surgery and if you need a revision get a ds not a rny  the sleeve is the first part of the ds so you have a head start on the ds

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Phatchick
on 4/30/13 10:22 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Carrie,

Welcome to this forum. There are many of us VSGer's on this page who have lost a substantial amount of weight.

If you eat 80 grams of protein a day, stay away from carbs, and drink 80 oz of water per day you will lose the weight.

I have lost over 120 lbs and still have about 65 more to go. I lost like a champ the first 6 months but then started messing with carbs and my losses slowed and finally stalled. I am back on program and losing again.

A year out now, I can eat anything, so I have to be aware. Myfitnesspal or Spark are both great ways to see what you are doing while you log all your food intake,  

You can do this!

Hugs,

Sharon

Karine
on 4/30/13 11:34 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
Hey welcome! I was sleeved june 25th. Vsg is great!!!

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Most Active