1 Year Later

talula216
on 1/15/13 10:21 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12

One Year ago today I was being wheeled into the operating room.  I was so ready for the change that was about to begin.  I was not a bit scared or nervous.  Of course the happy meds did help.lol    I love fitting everywhere now.  Not being afraid to go to new places wondering if I fit.  I can shop almost everywhere.  I am still considered plus size but I can shop at Macys and JC Penney Dress Barn. 

I have worked for the same company since I was 17 years old.  I was getting to the point were I was so big I was embarrassed  to go to work.  I had one pair of pants that fit. I was a diabetic had high blood pressure I was so unhealthy.  Now that has all changed. No More meds off them all.  I have more clothes than I need.  I can were heels .  These are just a few of many wonderful things that have happen this year. I am short only 5 feet 2 inches  My highest weight was 370 lbs.  Now I weigh 239 lbs  I weigh less now than I did when I was in my forties.  I have decided to go buy myself something special.  I like Alex and Ani bracelets my first one I bought was when I was preparing for surgery.  It was the journey one.  Not sure which one I will get today.  I would post before and after but I don't know how.  They are in my profile.

I want to thank you all for the help along this Journey.  I am still a work in progress.  You all have been a inspiration of what can be accomplished.  IF you are just beginning hang in there I know the road to surgery is filled with aggravation, but its so worth it in the end.

Talula
Starting weight 369

Phatchick
on 1/15/13 10:53 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Talula,

You have had a beautiful journey and I am so happy for your life changes.

Being able to not worry about so many little things like not fitting in a booth at a restaurant, not worrying about the kind of chairs there will be at someone's party,worrying about how far we have to walk to get into the venue, walking in the mall and not being stared out.....the list is endless....this is freedom.  

Congrats,

Sharon

Doris Cervenka
on 1/16/13 12:47 am, edited 1/16/13 12:48 am - Ganado, TX

I know how you feel it is wonderful to be able to go into a normal store and by beautiful clothes.  I can fine bracelets  that fit my wrist now. I would never have thought to wear short necklace with my fat neck before.  Just walking places and having fun was hard work.  It was just hard work getting out of bed. People actually want to talk to you.  Instead of walking the other direction.  It for once not being the biggest person in the room.

HW: 390   SW :340   CW: 205  Height 5'2

KimKinVA
on 1/16/13 1:16 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

Talula,

Congratulations on your amazing progress so far! I loved looking at your photos to see your weight loss journey. You look so great! Thanks for sharing all the successes you've had. It helps a newer post-op like myself. Keep up the great work! 

talula216
on 1/21/13 1:43 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12

Thank you for all your kind words. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

sleevegirl
on 1/21/13 2:37 am - Austin, TX

Wow! You've done so GREAT! I'm so happy for you!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active