I didn't make my birthday goal an that's ok......

marty69
on 12/30/12 5:50 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12

I have lost 162 lbs this year. I had set a mini goal of being down to 300 by my birthday which was yesterday. My start weight was 476. Well i am 14 pounds shy of my goal...,

It started to get to me, but then I stopped my self an said "hell no it's alright. I have worked hard and only have 14 to go for the mini goal. That's not that bad...."

That leaves me 114 left to lose and then what ever comes off when the excess skin comes off.

So I just needed to say YAH for me and all my hard work on I know OH is a place where you all truly know where I am coming from :). 

Thanks for listening folks ....... 

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Phatchick
on 12/30/12 7:55 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Marty,

What a beautiful journey you have had. Losing 162 lbs in a year is beyond amazing. We sometimes get caught up in the goals and forget how far we have come, how much we have accomplished and how hard we have fought. You have given yourself a priceless birthday gift and you have to be so proud of yourself. Have a beautiful year and enjoy the moments.

Hugs,

Sharon

Lucky2talk2
on 12/30/12 2:45 pm - Renton, WA
So happy to see that you told yourself... the hell with the negative thoughts! You have done an amazing job and will continue. You have a life long journey ahead of you and there is no specific time limit to what we can and will do! Easy to say in the midst of the desires to hit the number goals that we try for by this date or that date. Keep doing what you need to do to have the success and it will come in due time!!!

Hugs and congrats on a most terrifically awesome year!!!

2013 will bring in great things for you, I am sure of this!

Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

1crazy_cat_lady
on 12/31/12 10:31 am - Winnipeg, Canada

I am very happy for you Marty and to only be 14 lbs shy is AMAZING!  I look up to you for being able to "tell off" your negative thoughts.  I lost 42 pounds on my own in 3 months last spring but then was told by my dietician that I was not eating well/healthy and given changes.  I'm back up to my starting weight and I'm angry but my "way to go" to myself is that while I've gone back to eating poorly, I still have not had any soda.  That is 9 months, no soda from drinking almost a gallon a day. 

Thanks for being an example!~

Phatchick
on 12/31/12 9:00 pm, edited 12/31/12 9:01 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Kristin,

You have been on my mind for a while and i was wondering how you are doing. When is your surgery?Have they scheduled it yet??????

I learned something; not every practitioner knows how to handle a bariatric patient, pre/post surgery. I have had doctors, like my gyne ask me questions about my surgery and diet and be so happy for my loss and then when I tell her what I eat, she started berating me for the way I eat. DONT LISTEN TO THESE KNUCKLEHEADS!!!!!!!

My gastro guy talked me into eating more carbs and I had a 3 month stall that played big tricks with my head. Thankfully I was able to get past what he said and do the right thing. But i probabkly would be 25 lbs lighter had I ignored him.  

We, WLS patients, are different from others. We are mostly carb addicts who cannot eat like other people. if we could we would not have been morbidly obese.

I am praying for you. Dont worry about the gain, you will lose it again and will lose it for good.

Blessings and hugs,

Sharon

sleevegirl
on 1/1/13 3:09 am - Austin, TX

My biggest piece of advice to people is to not make date goals. At least for me, it makes me nuts. I just have weight goals and always 5-20 pounds at a time for "mini goals" which you obviously know all about - you've been working hard!

And you're right... 162 pounds is AMAZING! You rock!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active