x post, 6 months, musings, and of course pics

EliseG
on 10/30/12 12:13 pm - MA

Hey OH family! Sorry I haven't been around as much, life isn't exactly what I thought it would be 6 months ago. Some good, some not as good, but today is my 6 month surgiversary and I wanted to post because I am amazingly grateful for all of you and this entire experience in general.

First an update, some of you on MFP and here may remember I was diagnosed with ITP (an autoimmune disorder than can cause dangerously low platelets) toward the beginning of September, and put on large doses of steroids. No fun. Make a long story short, I decided to get a second opinion and had that appointment today. My platelets were very low again (6k), but at least this doc gave me a choice of having an outpatient infusion or being admitted. I of course opted for the outpatient infusion, so now I'm home again :) I had been slowly tapering off the steroids, but this doc doesn't like the way the other doc was treating me, so we start from scratch with the 100mg of prednisone for a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to continuing with the prednisone, but it's still better than the alternatives.

Now for some fun stuff. This morning I weighed in at 211.6 and I'm pretty happy about that. My weight loss has definitely slowed in the last couple of months, between the steroids and a practically constant TOM due to my blood not clotting, and all the hormones etc. But a loss is still a loss, and at my 6 month post op appointment my surgeon said he was very impressed I continue to lose on the steroids and called me a superstar among the superstars Probably the biggest compliment I've ever gotten.

Some other fun stuff, I'm now comfortably in a size 16 from 28, and L tops from XXXL. My bra size went from 44D to 38DD, and my ring size has gone from a tight 10 to a loose 7 (this one baffles me the most)! NSVs too numerous for even a post as long as this, but one of my favorite ones has got to be that I fit in my bathtub now!!

I could go on and on, but I know why you all really clicked on this post, so without further ado...

To anyone on the fence about having this surgery, my advice would be to reach out to others on the forum, ask questions, and go for it! kiss

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/12 4:43 pm
VSG on 11/13/12

You look great!!!!!

EliseG
on 10/31/12 12:53 am - MA

Thanks, Kim! :)

ParisGirl
on 10/30/12 8:52 pm
VSG on 04/25/13

You are superstar!!  I love your perseverance. And you are a beauty!  

EliseG

Thank you so much!! :)

Nathalie_Can
on 10/30/12 10:46 pm, edited 10/30/12 10:46 pm

That smile says it all...you look so happy...big congrats and well done

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

EliseG

Thanks Nathalie!!! :)

zra
on 10/31/12 12:04 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

You look fantastic! Great work keeping at it despite the steroids! 

HW: 363  SW: 340  

EliseG
on 10/31/12 12:54 am - MA

Thank you!! :)

Phatchick
on 10/31/12 9:21 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Elise,

You were always beautiful, but now you look so happy and so in shape. I know it cannot be easy on the steroids and losing the weight, but you have somehow managed. You are a super-star. Congrats my dear! Sharon

Most Active