Understanding that weight lose is Managed. Not cured.

Doris Cervenka
on 7/1/12 11:01 am, edited 7/3/12 12:39 pm - Ganado, TX
     Coming to big personal truth with myself.  A year after surgery.  I faced the reality that Weight lose is Managed and Not cured. It easy to Believe that the weight is gone forever in the first year.  When weight is just falling off without even having to try. The world just seems wonderful.  A dream come true.  But,  I been burned out and tired and just plain lazy. And It has been a choice.  I made for the last month.   I have to face it. I have not lose weight because, i have not really tried.  
    Somebody on the boards pointed out in the  last week.  They  told me that chosing not to anything is a choice.  I made a choice a decision to be sad and depressed.  It did just not happen. Being depressed has more a normal in my life than seeing all the good that has happen in my life in the last year.  I am trying hard not to fall back into old patterns. I do take depression  medication.  But, it is a choice.   I make given up and  to feeling hopeless.
    In this life.   We are all the sum of the Choice,s.  We  chose to make in our lives.  We can,t chose when are born.  Who parent,s are. or If we have fat genes or not.  But, Can chose every day to either   be definded by are past or move into our future.  I am not hopeless.  Nothing is hopeless. Feeling negative all the time.  Comes so easy to me.  It defined who was for so many years.  I am not victim of my life any more or Other people choices.  I am an Adult.
   Last week, , Somebody" Said that Giving  up is not a option. I been reading.Dr. Phil Mc Graws, book ,  The Weight lose Solution.  It is one of the best books ever wrote.  Sometimes have to tear down old walls to build new a self.  Changing old way is possible.  Forgive me for so negative lately. 

I been trying reexamine my life.  I have to understand that the only person who is keeping me down is me.  But, To know that personal truth about yourself and To  be really try and change it.  It the  hardest thing.  I have ever done.  Getting Surgery seemed easy compair to that.  I been to counseling for several years off and on. I thought I had most of past  problems behind me. I have to learn to love the new me.  All over again.  Truly learn to like myself. Learning to trust other people is a big problem for me.  It easy to talk to people on the net.  But, In person I shut down.   I truly need to change that about myself.  It is easy letting family in.  The emotional fear people go though after their weight lose.  Is something.   I was not prepared for even though.  I new it would happen and was told it would happen.  Still trying figure out how to deal with it. 
theshrinkingmimi
on 7/2/12 7:23 am

Great!  Now here is the best news of all.  Recognizing that you are a sum of your choices means you have power!  That's not to say that life becomes easy.  But it is much better to know that you have to change you than to believe things won't get better until someone else or something changes for you. I find that realization empowering and sobering at the same time.

This realization is also why being kind to yourself is so important. This includes having realistic expectations and honest reflection of effort. You must motivate yourself and being mean and abusive is not motivating.  When we beat ourselves up, we are mentally sabotaging our efforts. So, as long as I am loving me, I just plain believe that I will get there when I choose to do what it takes. But it won't seem like overnight like it did when I had an extra 156 pounds.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
flyingwoman
on 7/27/12 3:26 pm
 This is a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing it.

There is so much truth here. Challenging everything we are, recognizing that we are in it for life, choosing to be something different. 

All of it.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Most Active