Here we go, again

pittgal08
on 6/24/12 10:58 am

Hi Ya'll
My name is Sarah, and I currently weigh 470 lbs. My highest weight was 504, and I have been stuck at 470 for a while now. I won't bore you with all the details, but I did put my initial blog up if you would like to read it there. I'll just say this is not my first rodeo.  
I have decided to pursue surgery one last time. I am 100% committed to this process, and I will see it through. I have done my online seminar, and they should be calling me in the next couple of days for my first appointment with the surgeon. In the mean time I have to lose some weight. My insurance may let me have surgery within 4 months because of my high BMI, which is 74 at this time. I do imagine, however, need to get a good amount off before they will do the surgery. At least that was my last experience. They wanted me under 400 lbs before they would do it.
So, tomorrow I am starting the low-calorie diet that my other doctor had me on. It's designed to give me the minimum calories I need to live, but low enough that I will lose quickly.
One thing I know for sure, I will not be able to do this without support. I know so many of you have found support here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I look forward to sharing our struggles and victories together.
Anywhoo, That's about it for now. Have an awesome Monday everyone!! Blessed Be!

acbbrown
on 6/24/12 12:13 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Hi Sarah - and welcome to our board :) This is a great place to get support and help. I am glad to see you are committing to this and if you have any questions, feel free to ask or send me a private message. 

I lost about 85 lbs from the time I started thinking about WLS until I had surgery so I'd be happy to share any info you might need. I didn't follow any particular diet or anything and didn't do low carb but I averaged around 1500 cal/day (usually gave me a good 2-3 lbs loss per week). I cut out all fast food/eating out/soda/alcohol/chocolate/pizza and started incorporaating whole grains and fruits/veggies and made sure to get some exercise (even a 10 minute walk). 

I know this is a difficult process especially when we have so much to lose so the one thing I can say that helped me for the most part - up until recently - was just to focus on losing 5 or 10 lbs at a time. Try not to think too much about your ultimate goal weight or how much you have to lose because it can be discouraging - just one foot in front of the other for now and take baby steps :)

Join us for our monday morning weigh in - even if you dont want to weigh in, we usually chat about other topics and just check in. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Lucky2talk2
on 6/25/12 1:43 am - Renton, WA
Welcome Sarah!! You are taking the steps again, great to hear! Commitment to something is not always easy but will be so worth it for you in the long run. Any step in a better direction is so worth going for. As mentioned above, some great advice. We have all been there with you in a high BMI start. Just remember it will be a longer journey, do not get discourage, just keep on trudging! Do not be afraid to post here, the great, the good, the not so great and the terriable.
Remember you have to eat to fuel your body, so it can burn calories and fat. Move more than you normally move each day. Think outside the box in what EXCERSIZE can or looks like to smaller persons. Any movement more than what you normally do will be burning in some way. I can go more into that if you want, private message me. We all can share ideas! Go back through some of our blogs and you may see some of what we have done.
Keep on trudging on in your journey!! Inch by inch it becomes a cinch, yard by yard it can be hard!!

Patience, patience and even more patience! Track your food and results to monitor what you eat, be honest for yourself! 3500 calories equals one pound. So make sure you get movement in to burn some calories. You can and will be able to lose weight! How bad do you want it! It will be hard work, but will be so rewarding!!

Love to live, not just be alive!

Hugs,

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

pittgal08
on 6/26/12 2:08 am
Thank you both so much. You are truly an inspiration to me. You are doing it, which shows me that I can too. The patience and consistency has always been hard for me. I start out of the gate strong, and then I fizzle. I am so determined not to do that this time. I have tunnel vision at least for awhile. No more looking at other diet plans I will get to where I need to be so that I can have surgery.
I am so honored to get to visit with you all. You have been where I am, and that really speaks to my heart. People who are 20, 30, or even 100 lbs overweight try hard to understand and be supportive, but they just don't get how hard this battle is. Like you said looking at the big picture has caused me so much pain and depression. Sometimes all I see is how far I have to go, and I use that excuse to binge. I am really trying to change that. I'm trying to focus on living and living healthy, and the weight will come off as it comes off. Trying not to focus on the numbers just keep going. I completely agree that focusing on 5-10 lbs at a time is the best plan. So, my first small goal is to get to 459.
Thank you again for sharing with me. I'm excited to get to know you.
Most Active