What are the next 3 things......

Elaine2
on 1/30/12 3:43 am - Atlanta, GA
I thought it might be interesting---

My New Year resolution this year is...TO DO!
Not exactly a bucket list...but take advantage of opportunities and do something different at least once a month---

So.....
FEB------Get certified in CPR/AED
                Skeet shooting (never held a weapon but Groupon had a deal)
MAR-----Going kayaking in FL (assuming my butt fits in the opening)
APR-----Zip line, zip line, zip line---finally under the weight requirement now and will be better then

What's on your to do list?

acbbrown
on 1/30/12 4:35 am - Granada Hills, CA
Nice idea:

Feb - attempting a 56 mile bike ride

March: going to try para sailing

April: first sprint distance triathlon

May: 10K run

Im still working on June and beyond, but i love this idea - I need to think of something crazy for my one year surgery date (aka my real birthday too so more reasons to celebrate). Maybe ziplining would fit right in, or horseback riding or surfing lessons.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Elaine2
on 1/30/12 4:50 am - Atlanta, GA

Hey Alison
I think I read that you went kayaking??? How was the fit? I still wear a 1X in pants---think I'll be OK?

I need something special for June also---I turn 60----Yikes!!

acbbrown
on 1/30/12 5:01 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'm wearing 16/18s in pants, have really wide hips, and fit just fine - no problems there. I had a kyak that you sit on top though - they have weird ocean kinds that you sit deep inside the kyak, in like a pocket looking seat, and I didnt' try that but normal kyayks, you should be fine.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

InkdSpEdTchr
on 1/30/12 7:01 am
Excellent idea!

I don't know when exactly but Skydiving this spring with another WLS'r and Zip lining with friends this summer.

After my 1yr surgiversary I went; jet skiing, kayaking, para-sailing, bike-riding, horseback riding, and bungee jumping!

For my 2nd year I rode the AIDS LifeCycle (545miles in 7days). 

This my 3rd year, I'm going to do the Death Ride 125miles and insane amount of climbing in one day!

Good Luck with you list!
:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

KatCooper
on 1/31/12 2:35 am - Collierville, TN
I am going to try for a 5k and then 10k Monthly until my big goal of 1/2 Marathon in September in Nashville.  

Feb- 5k

March 5k    Zipline I hope when we go out of town for family spring break.

April - Duathalon (I hope, it will be my first)

May- Fargo Go Far Challenge  5kFriday night and 10K Saturday morning.

June/July/August- Something that involves not dying in the heat. I hope to try a slide at a waterpark. I have alway been to overweight and out of shape to climb the multiple stairs to get to the slide!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

hwag5149
on 1/31/12 9:46 am
hmmm I don't know when I will be able to fit into anything but my one MAJOR "to do" is to go to an amusement park.

Some more acheivable to do's are very small and simple and that is to care about my appearance like do my hair and make up every day. I've been doing that ever since I've been back to work. It's been making me feel good about myself. That's no the same as your to-do's but since I'm a fresh post-op, I can't really do too many new things.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Elaine2
on 1/31/12 10:10 am - Atlanta, GA
All of your TO DOs are important and you will be able to accomplish more and more.

One reason I posted this----over the past 20 months I've lost weight, exercised and worked----feeling great, looking better but not really getting back to my "adventuresome" self. I kept saying.."when I get to goal I'll..."  I decided it should be more like "when I can....I will" (if that makes sense).  Gotta take my life off hold.

hwag5149
on 1/31/12 11:09 am
I agree, I'm totally on hold right now but one thing I look forward to is being able to shop at Lane Bryant and being able to buy whatever I want. I couldn't fit in to pants there unless they were super stretchy and the only shirts I could wear had to be stretchy and the largest size. My shirts will always have to be stretchy because I have extremely large breasts but as I get smaller I will still have more options. I hate the fact that I can't even shop at the "big girl" store. I had gotten to the point that I didn't care about my appearance at all and hadn't worn makeup or worn my hair down in years unless it was a special event. That's why my biggest "to do" is to make an effort to do my hair and make up every day and care about my appearance. I'm going to be able to be the cute big girl again.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Most Active