Was just wondering about Lean Cuise and Healthy choice foods

Doris Cervenka
on 4/5/11 6:53 am, edited 4/5/11 12:19 pm - Ganado, TX
I was just wondering about Lean cuise and Healthy chioce foods.  Does have trouble eatting them after surgery.  I was just wondering . Because, I have not had my surgery yet.   I been told some people can eat chicken and some people can,t.  Same with pork.
 I was looking on the failed surgery forum.  An lady who was conplaining about her surgery not working.  Said She could eat a  Fatty fried kid,s meal from Mc Donald,s.  I hope after surgery and all the work I put in I will not be making trips to McDonald,s to eat  Fried Chicken nuggets. Are any Quick foods that really work well.  When your on the go and working full time.

Has anybody done Nutra System after weight lose surgery.   I been told that once you  eat yoiur protein.  Their is no room for anything else.
what am I going to be eating.   These are things  I want to think about now before surgery.
    I been told by a friend.   That her friend who a nurse lives on baby food. That it is fast and healthy for you.
   I guess just really started worrying since my surgery date is coming up.
  Making plans.  I know their  are list of foods.  I just wanted advice people live the surgery and who successful.  What do you eat?

Doris Cervenka

InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/5/11 7:44 am
Those quick dinners usually have loads of carbs and sodium, but if you can find one that's got low in both, they would be fine occasionally. I think the easiest way to make quick protein filled dinners is with a crock pot tho...yummo!

I don't know if you have tried the NutraSystem food, but I thought it looked gross and tasted worse...it was like eating cat food everyday...uggg...so not rec commend that one!

Personally, I don't like to cook so I'll make a big batch of something (ie. chicken and veggies) and then eat it all week. Or go to stores that sell ready make chicken strips (grilled of course). You're going to have to be creative to get all the protein in, but it's so worth it!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Doris Cervenka
on 4/5/11 12:22 pm - Ganado, TX
I guess, I,m the same way. Hate having to cook all the time.
Cecelia B.
on 4/14/11 6:57 am - St Louis, MO
I do eat the lean cuisine entrees, but not the meals.  I am 7 months out and can eat 1/2 to 3/4 of one, formerly a lunch size.  I try to supplement it with nuts, veggies, or peanut butter as a side to increase protein.  Finish the meal with a SF jello or pudding cup.  Works for me.  It is hard to stay away from the fast foods, but i am  not much of a cooker either, so healthy soups sometimes with protein powdew or protein powder in it.  Also I found Hormel FF Turkey chilli.  I can eat 1/2 a can at dinner.  Also tuna salad with eggs, chopped celery, SF pickle relish, and FF Mayo--add some sliced tomatoes, very good.  Also eat canned salmon, boiled shrimp, canned chicken breast,  all things I can dump in with veggies.  Occasionally I add brown rice, whole grain pasta or quinoa, all of which can be bioled easily.  Also I add FF or reduced fat cheese, laughing cow wedges,  canned beans, etc to make a complete meal.  Some challenges, but so far in 1 years (7 months post op) have lost 140 lbs,  so must be doing something right.  Just try to avoid Fast Foods, once I had to stop at someplace as I was out shopping and I could feel blood sugars dropping and getting dizzy, I stopped at MCD and got the smalleset chicken selects, pealed off the breading and just ate the meat inside of 2-3.  Helped alot to get me through.  I figured the selects were better than the Mcnuggets (in my mind anyway).  Also I ate at Steak and Shake before with friends.  Had cottage  cheese and tea once and chilli once.   Hope this helps.  Cecelia

Starting wt. March/ 2010  385lbs
Surgery wt.  Sept/2010     322lbs
Current wt.  Sept/2013     204lbs

skatekk
on 4/17/11 2:26 am - UT

Pre op for awhile I ate alot of the healthy choice dinners. Some were good and some just taste really sweet. I stopped eating them and switched to more healthy better tasting foods. I love Hungry-girl.com, She has alot of healthy recipes. When I am out and need something easy, I go to taco bell and get an order of pinto beans and cheese. I add a packet of hot sauce to it. One container is about 4 ounces. They are cheap and taste good as well.

Most Active