help me

maiyat
on 12/12/15 1:09 pm

my name is maiya im 21 years old and 6 days post op..

mentally i am ****** up not even going to lie. (excuse my language) i stopped smoking 13 days pre op after a pack a day for 5 years cold turkey. physically i am not hungry but mentally i am starving . food is all around me and if i see swanson broth one more time i might scream ... i rarely drink any fluids ( i just cant mentally do it for some reason) i am being perfectly honest in this post because i am seeking help from someone who has been thru or is going thru what i am going thru. with that being said i have feelings of regret , i cry all the time and sometimes have suicidal thoughts (i will not act on them ...just thoughts) i promise you i am not crazy . i am normally an extreamly joyful person who loves to laugh and make others laugh . right now is just a horrible time for me and need some help, encouragement , and inspiration to go on. honestly i am praying the pureed stage of this will be easier... please i need someone 

- maiyat

bruindiva92
on 12/17/15 5:16 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Maiya,

Know, this will get easier.  The buyer's remorse is normal.  Many have feelings of regret right after surgery.  Stay on your doctor's plan and don't stray.  This is key for success.

The puree stage is better. I too could not take the broth so I drank protein shakes during my liquid stage along with Crystal Light since I could not drink water (and still cannot).

Stay focused, get all foods out of your house you cannot eat!  Don't let the food monster tempt you!

You CAN do this!!

maiyat
on 12/18/15 5:50 pm

Thank you very much I need that.  Another thing....it's soo hard for me to drink fluids period...I know I am extremely dehydrated.  Not sure what I should do. As much as I try to drink I just can't and when I do drink my stomach hurts

bruindiva92
on 12/18/15 6:18 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

You MUST, MUST, MUST get your fluids in!  Just take sips all day...not gulps, SIPS!  SIP, SIP, SIP all day!  Take a bottle with you everywhere you go.

maiyat
on 12/18/15 6:35 pm

Yes ma'am thank you very much.  I appreciate you taking the time to help me.  

bruindiva92
on 12/18/15 6:45 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I guarantee you will feel better  when you get those fluids in!   I know you are not feeling great now but 2-3 weeks from now, you will feel better.

Take one day at a time....I will check in with you periodically, if you don't mind.

maiyat
on 12/18/15 6:59 pm

I sure hope so. This is truly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I now see I wasn't ready just yet for this.. But I'm here now and have to make the best out of this.  I would absolutely love if you could check up on me.  and would greatly appreciate it.  

bruindiva92
on 12/18/15 7:09 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Maiya,

Yes, this is difficult and will not be a walk in the park.  Change your mindset..you took a positive step to better health and you should feel great about this.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself and making excuses.

Use positive thinking...you can do this. Start logging your food and drink on My Fitness Pal.  Hold yourself accountable for everything you put in your mouth.  Get your walking in...

Make a list of all the things you want to do when you lose weight.  Stay encouraged.

I will check on you.  

L. 68
on 1/14/16 8:52 am

Hi i was just visiting this site i was on revision..  im returning after 10 years i had the lapband back in january 2006 but now is not working anymore for me so i am getting the gastric sleeve..so i do know a little about post -op

As far as your water intake i was always in the hospital for dehydration at least once a month.  the staff in the emergency room knew me by name lol  trust me if you cant get the water in yourself go get the hospital and get the iv lol  you will fill the difference right away i love it

kyzze
on 2/23/16 1:00 am
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Maiya,

I sincerely hope that you are doing better. You had your surgery a few weeks before me, so You should be eating regular food by now so I hope that has helped. I agree, the liquid diet phase was very depressing but I hope that you made it through okay. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 204 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1146 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2053 views