Hello Out There (dropping in to say hi)

Heres2anewme
on 6/22/15 2:37 pm - TX

I am just stopping by to say hello! I know that the old gang is not here often but in the rare case that someone sees this, I just wanted to say that I hope all is well with everyone! 

Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

got-2-b-me
on 6/22/15 3:21 pm

Just dropping in to say hello back. I'm planning to have the sleeve surgery... can you tell me your experience with hair loss during this process?

Heres2anewme
on 6/23/15 12:12 pm - TX

I had a duodenal switch so I'm not really familiar with the effects of the sleeve. I didn't experience hair loss. I took biotin during the first year or so after my surgery and it probably helped. I've read and heard that it has been helpful for a lot of people. Congratulations and good luck with your surgery! :)

Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Lovely_Z
on 7/9/15 2:15 am

Hello... I wish there were more pls posting on this forum, where is every Black American that's gone through this journey?

bigsalty
on 1/28/16 10:57 am

Hello, had my sleeve June 15, 2015.  Had my 6 month post op visit and the weight loss was excellent.  But my blood count was not.  They said my wbc was low and was vitamin d deficient, b-12 deficient , aniemic and losing muscle.  I have been exercising 3 to 4 times a week most of the time.  Started lifting weights and feel pretty good.  But know I am scared.  They want me to see a hematologist.  I had a high and went to a low within 10 minutes.  My highest weight was in February of 2015 (400lbs) and weight in January 21, at(301 lbs)  but then got the news about my wbc.  I must admit that at times I may not have been getting all my proteins in and taking my vitamins as routinely but since then has been making an effort to do better.  Have you or anyone that you know have had any issues with low wbc counts.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 199 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1143 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2044 views