Missed my 11 year suriversary post

Lia D
on 1/20/15 10:27 pm, edited 1/20/15 10:32 pm - Waldorf, MD

I had RNY surgery on 1/15/04, my pre-surgery weight was 342 and I am now at 155.  I am still trying to get to my weigh****chers goal weight of 140 and my goal clothing size 6, I am currently wearing an 8.  Food is not my friend.  I do really well for awhile then something happens to set me off like a holiday, birthday, or my emotional eating still trying to figure that out.  But, I am still not where I use to be, I can walk 7 miles, I can do high intensity zumba for an hour or two, I can lift weights, I can run, etc., I could not do any of that before surgery so I am still happy I had the surgery.  The surgery gave me a intolerance for high fat and sugar so I can't do very much which is helping me to eat right. I am going to continue to try to reach my goals until I get there no matter how long it takes.

I wish all the newbies the best of luck reaching your goal weight and the vets of weight loss surgery the best of luck maintaining your weight. I hope that no one gives up, just keep trying even if you have to start over and over and over again just keep at it until you make it to your goal and then maintain it to end the vicious cycle of gaining and losing. 

Dodgergirl27
on 1/21/15 12:50 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey Lia,

Congrats on your success 11 years out!  I love when Vets post updates.  Can I ask, how long did take you to get from 342 to 155 and how long have you been maintaining that weight?  I ask because my starting weight was 338, I'm at a year out and my weight has barely moved in the last 2 months (I'm at 198 and lost 3 lbs last month and 1.5 this month).  Was it baby steps getting down to the 155 or did you get there all at once and then maintain?  Anyways, I love the post and good luck getting down to your goal of 140, I'm sure you'll get there!

Lia D
on 1/21/15 1:13 am - Waldorf, MD

Actually, my lowest weight was 142.  I have picked up some weight and yes it is definitely baby steps for me.  The lower my scales gets the less I lose.  Sometimes I lose .2 but losing .2 a week is better than gaining .2.  I went back up over the holidays and 155 is my weight for this week, this week I lost .6.  It is coming off slowly but when I exercise for 2 hrs a day for an entire week I normally lose about a 2 - 3 lbs. but it is really hard for me to get that much exercise in every week.  Good luck on weight loss, its hard work and slow but just keep trying.

Lia d

Lia D
on 5/8/15 6:46 am, edited 5/8/15 6:46 am - Waldorf, MD

Hi Dodgergirl27!  I hope I answered your question appropriately.  It has taken me from 2004 to now to get to 155.  I keep going up and down.  The last time I started regaining, I got all the way up to 213, I joined weigh****chers and that has gotten me to where I am now.  The first 18 months is when I lost the majority of my weight.  If you feel like reading my post feel free.  Its been a roller coaster for me and my weight.  I Hope this gives you a little more detail. 

Lia d

Memelee504
on 2/22/15 6:52 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Love your post and Congrats... I'm a newbie 6 days post -op I'm just trying to learn as much as I can.. 

YaVon
on 5/15/15 3:09 pm - Henrico, VA

Congratulations on your success thus far. You are an inspiration to me.  I celebrated my tenth year 4/5/2005. Let's keep in touch

Staci L.
on 7/7/15 9:34 am - Snellville, GA

Hello Lia,

Girl, you are definately a Trroper! My initial GB surgery was 2/2004 - went into surgery weighing 300 lbs. I now am on the road to having the GB revision surgery, as I have gained all of my weight back and I am am so upset with myself. I go on July 22nd to have my EGD and then shortly after that, the surgery. I can honestly say, that the frst 3 years post op were the best. I was little and ate up all of the attention that was shown to me. But, now I'm back where I started. Looks like I may need to pick up a lot of your habits! They seem to be working for you.

Just wanted to say, that you are truly an inspiration! Keep up the great work.

Lia D
on 7/11/15 4:15 pm - Waldorf, MD

Hi Staci, thanks so much for the accolades.  I wish you nothing but luck on your upcoming surgery.  Praying that you have uneventful surgery and fast recovery.  

Lia d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 203 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1145 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2051 views