Update on Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 4/27/11 3:42 pm, edited 4/27/11 11:32 pm - Mesquite, TX
I have not been here in a minute due to medical issues I have been having.

I was hospitalized repeatedly since December 2010 not WLS related

12/10 - I was in the hospital for two weeks due to Malnutrition I stopped eating out of fear of gaining back my weight. I ended up with two feeding tubes in my nose (at seperate times) and they kept falling out so they gave me a dual picc line and I was fed on TPN at home for two months.

2/2011 - I was in the hospital for two weeks because I had severe anemia (hemoglobin was 5) and I passed out and it turned out that I had a staph infection from the dual picc line and was septic.

3/2011 - I was in the hospital for two weeks because I had Pneumonia and stap/bacterial infection was still present from Feb. I now have Endocarditis of the tricuspid valve because of it.

Those that may remember I had a revision 10-09-09 by Dr. David Provost.

I was revised from proximal to distal and had a gastro gastric fistula repaired.

I almost died three times Dec, Feb, and March.

I am so glad to be alive.

I am fine now, but still am fighting this eating disorder that I have.

I am really terrified of getting big again.

I am now 5'6 158 and would like to lose another 20 lbs.

I am getting counseling for my eating disorder so I am taking care of myself in that aspect.

I just wanted to come on here and see how you all were and to update you on me.

I hope you all are doing well.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

gigilani
on 4/28/11 1:03 am
You've been through a lot, but glad to hear you're doing better.  That is a spirit of fear that has taken over your life.  Remember you are an overcomer & more than a conquerer in Christ Jesus!!   God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love & a sound mind!

I will be praying for you girl!  Hugs!

HW:358/CW:242:GW:160
Teena A.
on 5/27/11 12:44 pm - Mesquite, TX
 Thank you very much.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. 

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

MSW will not settle
on 4/28/11 1:10 am
Hope it all improves real soon.  Take care. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Teena A.
on 5/27/11 12:45 pm - Mesquite, TX
 Thank you.

I am trying to conquer it day by day.

Teena Adler

Tricie 40
on 5/27/11 11:48 am - Back Home For Good, IL
Man I dont agree but I so understand...I dont feel like I fit here or there,,,,I think about what I eat, how much I weight and what I look like EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. I will do whatever it takes not to be who I was. I dont even know her anymore...the sad part is I am not so sure who this new me is....I am 5'8 at 170 lbs and to me FAT. I dont get support from BAF or anywhere...losing the weight was easy...trying not to lose my mind is my hardest challenge.

I was hospitalize in Nov-Dec with an illness as the doctors and literature read more people die from what I have than from Aids and Cancer COMBINE...aint that something . ALL I could think of is when I fell out at work was WOW one man picked me up and put me on the stretcher...not that I feel out at work....This is such a mental illness

Please know that you will be in my prayers 

Patrice

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

Teena A.
on 5/27/11 12:48 pm - Mesquite, TX
 Tricie,

I understand totally what you mean.

This is so a mental issue and I am so treating it that way and dealing with in through therapy and support groups.

Losing the weight is the easy part.

Changing your disordered thinking in regards to food is a whole other issue. 

I hope that you are getting better day by day.

Take care.

Thanks for the support.

Teena Adler

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 195 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1139 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2034 views