Discouraged...why does the weight loss keep stopping?

Tennille81
on 12/8/08 12:37 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I'm going to sound like I'm whining but if there are any tricks of the trade that anyone can teach me please do. I've never realized how crazy this whole weight loss game was. I got to a point where I just quit trying before the surgery and now I'm obsessed. I've lost 40lbs since my surgery on Oct 21st but I feel like I'm slowing down drastically. I know its not what I'm eating or my vitamins...so what can it be? I gain a pound one day and then go back its like my body forgot that I just had it torn open and rerouted so we can get healthy...

Can anyone help?
Tennille :)

Start: 303/Surgery:295/Today:213/Goal:153
*Melting Chocolate*
on 12/8/08 12:42 am - Miami, FL
Your body is only tryin to play "catchup". It'll keep movin....even if you come to a long stall. It'll pick up again. I was at a stand still for what seemed like months. Playing with the same dayum 10 pounds for about 2 months.

Day of surgy:396  Current: 242  Goal: 200

Dedee
on 12/8/08 12:44 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
PLATEAU ~very, very normal~ Be thankful for them....your mind is playing catch-up with your body.  Remember, you may not see pounds sheds, but inches are falling!

I focus not on my disabilty; my focus is on my ABILITIES.  
(Dedee, 2009)              

My hearing impairment ENABLES me, not disables me.
(Dedee, 2008)

~Dedee   

Her Royal Flyness
on 12/8/08 12:44 am
so what can it be?

...NORMAL and part of the process.  Trust me when I tell you to leave the scale alone.  I have not lost any significant weight (in my mind) since JULY, and I beat myself up DAILY  But every time I see someone they're telling me I'm disappearing.  The tape measure is also moving.  There are other measures to track your progress than the scale.  As long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, KEEP DOING IT cause the scale, much like the DEVIL is a liar and will make you feel like a total failure.  Furthermore, hate to break this to you, but uh, you will have a number of stalls, so get used to it!!!!  Again, do your part and ignore the scale.

It is never too late to be what you might have been

~George Eliot
LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 12/8/08 12:46 am - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with
Patience, your body need time to adjust before it continue, just keep doing what you are doing.
Tennille81
on 12/8/08 12:53 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I hear you guys. I'm trying to be more optomistic. I mean 40lbs in 1.5mos is a good thing and I should be proud of that. I'm going to try to limit how often I stand on the scale. Maybe that'll help. Thanks for the advice!
Tennille :)

Start: 303/Surgery:295/Today:213/Goal:153
Tiffany G.
on 12/8/08 2:07 am
Sista-girl...  when is the last time you lost 40 lbs in less than two months?  LOL.  Think of it like that.  I was getting kind of down because I wasn't losing really fast, but you know we are in this for the long haul.  Stalls happen.  And everybody is different.  As long as you are healthy and happy, just go with the flow.  Eat how you are supposed to, get your water and vitamins, exercise, and let nature take its course.  Good luck to you!
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

Tammy.W
on 12/8/08 2:37 am - Littleton, CO
Girl, 40lbs in two months is great! Slowing down is natural and so is the one up one down thing. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see more and more loss.

myspace.com/free2bme4me  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 207 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1150 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2063 views