Do Hot Toddies Really Work?

mrs. neenaj
on 12/7/08 7:29 am
I'm miserable and I'm wondering if hot toddies really work and if they do how do you make them? Keep in mind that I've never had liquor before. I've had a couple of wine coolers in my 20's and tasted of wine before and tasted of some beer but the taste wasn't appealing so I just don't drink. So what can I tell my hubby to pick up for me on the way home and will it make me drunk? I know this is a silly question but I honestly don't know and I feel bad enough to try it now and since I can't taste it, it should be fine.
Photobucket
Dedee
on 12/7/08 7:32 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
To be honest; NOPE!  They provide some form of relief, but they do not medically assit with ending a cold...the only thing that does is TIME, REST, and HYDRATION.

Meds and toddies can help cold symptoms---such as cough, fever,  headache, but not the actual COLD itself....

What are your symptoms?

I focus not on my disabilty; my focus is on my ABILITIES.  
(Dedee, 2009)              

My hearing impairment ENABLES me, not disables me.
(Dedee, 2008)

~Dedee   

mrs. neenaj
on 12/7/08 7:41 am
Congestion, runny nose, sore throat, hot one minute, cold the next, nausea, headache and runny eyes. I took a flu shot because I work at a medical office and they were free but it doesn't feel like the flu because I still have a little bit of an appetitie for soup and tea. My daughter had a virus last week and a lot of patients called in with symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea but I don't have those. I think it's just a cold. I guess I should add vitamin c to my regimen.
Photobucket
Dedee
on 12/7/08 7:48 am - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
Listen to Doctor Dedee ~LOL~ sounds like a bad cold or a sinus infection with a touch of allergies ~runny eyes~

Since you can't get to doc tonight and you don't think you need the ER send someone out to get you some Tylenol Cold and Sinus or some Sudafed (I think it's sudafed---make sure no NSAID is in medicine).....both of these should help the chills and fever....make sure it has guafwhatever in it for nasal congestion (or do you have chest congestion)....look at your phelgm (spelling)....if it is not clear (but instead dark yellow or green), baby go to the doc or ER....that means infection (normally upper resp).....and you will need antibiotics to clear that schitt up!

I am not going to give you the lemon tea recipe....it has alcohol in it, but drinking warm lemon tea with peppermint or just peppermint tea will make you feel a bit of relief!

Take a warm shower to alleviate congestion also...the steam is wonderful.....for the chills and fever....be sure to only have on COTTON!  Do not over dress.....just a cotton tea and some cotton bottoms and some socks.....drink as much fluid as possible.....help break fever and fight off virus.....

Feel better, doll!

I focus not on my disabilty; my focus is on my ABILITIES.  
(Dedee, 2009)              

My hearing impairment ENABLES me, not disables me.
(Dedee, 2008)

~Dedee   

mrs. neenaj
on 12/7/08 8:00 am
Thank you Dedee. I'm taking some guafenisen(sp?) right now because that also helps with fibromyalgia symptoms. I took my zyrtec and my asthma meds this morning and so far everything looks clear. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'll go to the dr. that's what I do, is make dr. appts. so I'll be able to get in to see her on a Mon. morning. I'm going to take a nice long shower when my hubby gets home. I do have some peppermint tea and some lemon tea. I may not go to work tomorrow.
Photobucket
LEE
on 12/7/08 12:33 pm
Dang Rita another thing we have in common.   I don't drink either,  I just don't like the taste of alcohol.    I say if your not a drinker why drink, just wait it out and take medicine and wait for your t cells to fight off the sickness.  That's what I did,  I was sick like a dam dog.

I swear your like my sister the stuff we have in common.  Not to mention you look like my sisters.  LOL.

Hope you feel better quickly
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/7/08 7:44 am
Damn - I had to read that twice - I thought you said hot TITTIES....... I was gon say those SHO worked for me.......

umm - but you said TODDIES.......... yea - ummm - they help cause they will knock yo azz out - but I only drink em cause Imma drunk....

if you got cold like problems and stuff - Drixoral might do the trick - that's my 'go to' when I am under the weather........

man!  now you got me thinkin bout hot titties...... LMAO!!!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

mrs. neenaj
on 12/7/08 7:47 am
Mack Momma my bobbies ain't hot no more, they just kinda droopy.  I have some prescription sleep meds to knock me out but I don't like to take them every night because they make you groggy the next day.
Photobucket
the7thdean
on 12/7/08 8:50 am - GA
Hate to hear you are feeling horrible.  However, some people say these don't work because the way they are taken.  Some people drink them while sitting up watching TV in the living room instead of drinking it in bed -- where they are suppose to drink them.  You're suppose to drink it in bed while it's hot and immediately get under the covers and yes -- you will sweat out a portion of the cold -- maybe not all of it.  My mom made these for me when we were kids and it worked.  Doesn't matter what kind of liquor -- brown liquor though --that is what she used -- don't recall what kind.  You make some tea and pour the liquor in in.  You really don't taste it and no it want make you drunk.  Because the liquid is hot the alcohol will burn off -- depending on how much liquor you put in you might not even taste it.

My partner will make one and then the next morning say it didn't do anything.  I tell her it's because you drank it while watching TV and didn't go to bed for another hour -- it want work.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 207 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1150 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2063 views