> > HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?
> >
> > 1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour
> > of every day.
> >
> > 2. This works out to $20,928 profit
> > every minute!
> >
> > 3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St.
> > Patrick's Day
> > (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
> >
> > 4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot +
> > Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco +K-Mart combined.
> >
> > 5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people
> > and is the largest private employer. And most
> can't
> > speak English
> >
> > 6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of
> the
> > World.
> >
> > 7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger &
> Safeway
> > combined,
> > and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
> >
> > 8. During this same period,31 Supermarket chains
> sought
> > bankruptcy
> > (including Winn-Dixie).
> >
> > 9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store
> in the
> > world.
> >
> > 10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of
> which
> > 1,906 are
> > Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years
> ago.
> >
> > 11.This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing
> experiences
> > will occur
> > at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is
> > approximately
> > 6.5 billion.)
> >
> > 12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a
> Wal-Mart
> >
> > 13. Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street
> >
> >

the7thdean
on 12/5/08 12:05 pm - GA
Hey -- I agree with #13.

Where I live -- there are 2 Wal-Marts within 15 miles of my home.

I don't shop there -- I go to Target.

MyQnA
on 12/5/08 4:59 pm
  Where I live there is NO WAL MART!!!!

I absolutely without a shadow of doubt love WAL MART ...even though they do not ship internationally I spend countless hours on their website  just itching to be in a WAL MART.  I used to work for them but, I only got the job as a second because I have an unhealthy obsession with those prices.

So, I digress this is good news to me maybe they will build one here in Europe, maybe they can buy a small country or two.  I would live there in WALLLY WORLD.

~Sorry but, I am a bit high from exercise and exhaustion from kids.

Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

GorgeousIsa
on 12/5/08 9:22 pm - Philly-delphia, PA
LOVE the prices but HATE the store itself. I hate being inside of Walmart, prefer Target.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
mstanyat
on 12/5/08 10:42 pm
well I can honestly admit that part of that $36,000,000 is mine. But I have no choice. I moved from Detroit to a very small town in North Carolina and there are 2 wal-malrts here. The grocery store here is soooo expensive, that i have to buy at wal-mart (with the exception of meats, I buy my meats at the grocery store or butcher) I absolutely hated walmart in the begining, I was a Target girl to my heart

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

margokae
on 12/5/08 10:54 pm - oklahoma city, OK
WalMart is the big money maker.................They need to pay their employees a minimum of $15.00 an hour........with extreme benefits and bigger discounts for working there.......they can afford it !   I go to walmart all the time, I wish they would stop selling that General Tso's chicken in the deli I love it !!

MKae

the7thdean
on 12/6/08 12:31 am - GA
Some of the employees that work at Wal-Mart are stupid.  I say this because some of them don't use direct deposit.  One day I had no choice but to go to Wal-Mart because they had what I needed.  While in the check out line over in the next check out line a manager was cashing employee checks -- the smallest was about $550 bucks and the largest was about a $1000.  Now if I was up to no good I would have been out in the parking lot awaiting to relieve these employees of their wages.  Their amounts where showing up on the monitor so you couldn't help but see it.  I don't know if that was pay for a week or 2 weeks; however, they need to get over whatever aversion they have for banks and use direct deposit before they get relieved of their deposits.  I feared for their safety.

CRAZY!

Nikki M.
on 12/6/08 12:28 am - Buffalo, NY
I love Wal-mart!  Especially the Super Center.  I have to drive about a half an hour to get to the Super Center.  And about a million of the 36 million came from me.  Besides Kmart and Target; Walmart is all we have.  My favorite all time store was HILLS!
http://www.myspace.com/essnce04

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.   ~Booker T. Washington~

Tha Pinkster T.
on 12/6/08 8:27 am
Shiot! I have THREE walmarts within a 2.5 mile radius of my home-North, South, and East. I would consider Walmart a monopoly a damn good monopoly that knows that the consumer wants and provides it at a reasonable price.
Tis better to be dis-liked than to be loved by them cuz your always on their mind.   

Pretty In Pink
Graphics & Myspace layouts

LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 12/6/08 8:33 am - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with

As a holder of Walmart Stock, I am going to need all of BAF to continue or start to support Walmart.  Thank you in advance

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 204 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1146 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2053 views