Recent Posts

Batwingsman
on 5/22/24 4:23 pm - Garland, TX
Topic: RE: Dozens of Lawsuits Filed Over Weight Loss Drug Ozempic

Interesting personal footnote to my original post ..

I ran into a checker at a local grocery store where I sometimes shop. She has always been MO but on this visit, the first in several months, I could tell she had lost a good amount of excess weight. I was suspecting WLS, but when I complimented her on the loss she told me that she has been using one of these injectable weight loss drugs instead. I gave her the warning about all the recent problems with those drugs, but she just blew it off, claiming that the patients who are having problems with the medication are "continuing to eat" like they did before, instead of eating less. In other words, she is looking at it that the drug's effectiveness is due to its supression of appetite. Therefore, if the patient continues to eat as they did before despite the lack of hunger then they are going to get in trouble with the drug, e.g. the gastroparesis. I'm not sure how that could be, but that was her claim. I wonder how many users of the drug are under a similar (mistaken?) impression.

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

momyshaver
on 5/22/24 4:54 am
VSG on 06/28/17
Topic: RE: Slim For the Summer (2024)

My Summer goals are not necessarily weight related but, in some ways, I guess they could be. My goal is to hydrate better, stay consistent with my vitamins and protein and to get stronger/tone up. I would be over the moon if I could maintain that AND stay slim/at my best weight for health, if that makes sense.

How are you doing with your goals for Summer 2024? Have your techniques been effective for you?

momyshaver
on 5/22/24 4:46 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I truly empathize with these people; however, once I started learning about these medications, I knew that if enough people were using GLP1 medications that we would naturally see more of the side effects like gastroparesis, for example, and that the lawsuits would be rolling in. Informed consent is so important, and someone always draws the short straw in life. I do wonder why some of these people would not have bariatric surgery when I see how the medications impact them and the stress of the shortages, etc.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/20/24 6:52 pm
Topic: RE: 17 years out and intense heartburn

Debbie P. How are you doing now?

I had a different wls in the mid 90's. I began having some late night, early morning heartburn a couple of months ago... I found if i eat a high protein snack - 3 oz meat, maybe 2/3 crackers.-.No junk..... about 2 hours before bed, i don't have any heartburn. If your issue has not resolved, you might try this...

You are wise to be concerned about acid reducing meds.. no acid = more impairment of nutrition, bone and tooth loss.

To build your blood count, iron .. try dessicated liver, it comes in Organic in capsules.. follow directions on bottle .. Liver is the perfect food, it contains every item needed for your body to utilize the iron in it and any additional you recieve from other items you eat.. I am missing an intrinsic factor and can not absorb any Iron except prenatal and Foltrin. from pharma... easier to get and keep liver pills.. . in a pinch i can make my own... from raw ingredients.

Denise
sweetpotato1959
on 5/14/24 11:36 am

This is something i have been watching.. have not posted in a long time could not get in, probably because of a browser incompatibility... so in today for the first time in years. This drug is being used by diabetics who can't loose weight and those who choose a diet high in sugars and can't loose weight. Unfortunately is being pushed in spite of it's high out of pocket costs. It is made from gila monster poison. "Can a man take fire into his bosom and not be burned?" , quote seems to fit- as a reasonable answer.

wendygail
on 4/29/24 7:11 am - Live Oak, FL
Topic: RE: Interesting Medical Journal Study - WLS & Interpersonal Relationships
WLS may/can cause problems in any relationship especially, marriage. With that being said, it takes a lot of work on from both sides to keep that relationship good. I have found myself on both sides of the fence (both husband and I have had WLS). And it's not a good place to be.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
wendygail
on 4/29/24 6:49 am - Live Oak, FL
Topic: RE: Slim For the Summer (2024)
I'm trying myself to get a little slimmer for summer, 2024. I've got 7 stubborn pounds to get off, to get to my mini goal by June 1st.
I'm gonna be upping my protein and veggie intake. And keep a very close eye on the carbs and pesky "slider "foods.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
ToriWar
on 4/24/24 5:02 pm
Topic: Low wbc after gastric sleeve surgery

I had gastric sleeve surgery 10/25/2023. My white blood cell count went down to 5.4 in November. Late February it was 4.4 . Now it is April and it is 3.9. My primary care is concerned so i was referred to a hematologist cancer center. Has anyone else had this issue ?

starladustangel
on 4/15/24 9:59 pm - WA
Revision on 07/13/21
Topic: RE: Gastric bypass hypoglycemia

Had revision from vsg to bypass almost 3 years ago for GERD and am experiencing reactive hypoglycemia and rapid gastric emptying no matter what I eat. It's led to regain from 143 to 163 since my revision. Even after a meal of dense protein like chicken my pouch is empty super quick, my blood sugar plummets to below 50 and I need to eat again. My insurance approved Wegovy with BMI 27.5 because of this so hopefully it helps. I expected issues if I ate simple carbs or sugar but it's everything and I never feel full even if my blood sugar doesn't drop.

clairenew
on 4/13/24 7:35 am, edited 4/1/24 8:33 pm
Topic: RE: Interesting Medical Journal Study - WLS & Interpersonal Relationships

Sounds interesting! WLS (bariatric surgery) can truly have a significant impact on various aspects of a person's life, including social relationships. In college, I was asked to read something, so I found an annotated bibliography writing service, I use https://ca.edubirdie.com/annotated-bibliography-writing-serv ice for this. It's simply unbearable; on the first page I'm already falling asleep. But I could read magazines like this for days. There are really interesting facts written there.

Most Active