What can i do about my excess skin on my stomach that hangs down to my knees

Hockeymom87
on 6/7/21 6:11 am
DS on 03/17/19

What can i do about my excess skin on my stomach that hangs down to my knees that makes it hard for me to walk and enjoy life

Janet P.
on 6/7/21 10:56 am

Work with your primary doctor to start documenting problems (rashes, hard to walk, etc.) Then find a plastic surgeon who specializes in bariatrics. They can also start documenting issues (rashes, etc.) and work to help you get insurance to cover a tummy tuck (mine did).

They generally want you to be at your goal weight for a minimum of 1-2 years before plastics.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Deb366
on 6/14/21 9:27 am
This. If you can't afford on your own do everything you can to get your insurance to pay for it. If not pay for it, it will make your life soooo much better. In the meantime, spanx or something like that to keep your skin tucked in when you are out.

I know I felt like a melted wax person for awhile. ;(

Currently 125  pounds
Tidgel
on 6/10/21 10:41 am
RNY on 04/15/19

You should ask your surgeon to refer you to a plastic surgeon. Often your WLS doctor works closely with plastic surgeons that they trust.

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/21 5:07 am
RNY on 01/01/14

And please start saving money for the " plastic " half of the operation.

The insurance company will only cover the absolute basic skin removal - which is great but .... you also ( realistically) want and deserve to be super attractive afterwards ... and to actually ( for the first time probably ) to like and admire your own ( somewhat skinny ) flat and small midsection .

it's only costs a couple of thousand dollars more

Cathy H.
on 6/11/21 9:24 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Really, Eva..."only" a couple thousand dollars? Do you have any concept how unreachable that is for most people? Her focus should be on her HEALTH, not her looks. Smdh...

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

catwoman7
on 6/12/21 5:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not to mention the fact it'd likely cost a lot more than a couple thousand dollars for more complete body contouring. I spent around $40K for everything. Even if insurance had covered the panniculectomy part of it, I still would have had to pay quite a bit out of pocket, even if I'd have only had a lower body lift (that $40K also included a breast lift and arm lift). They do a lot more with that than just remove the "apron" when they do a lower body lift - and I doubt insurance would have covered the extra work they do.

White Dove
on 6/12/21 7:41 am - Warren, OH

One of my friends had tummy tuck, lower body lift, breast augmentation, and her arms fixed. The cost was $35,000 and her husband said he enjoys it a lot more than the car he was going to buy. You need to talk to plastic surgeons, discuss fees, have a plan to save or borrow the money. Most people will spend $40,000 on a car, but not invest in themselves.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jmm4321
on 6/12/21 12:39 pm

Congratulations on losing so much weight your skin sags. It's a great accomplishment! Now comes part 2 whi*****ludes maintenance, loose skin and working in simple daily exercise.

Many people doing plastics go outside the US for about 50% less cost. You can also do the stomach now and other things later. Anything after a year should be ok.

Good luck on what we've all learned is a long evolving journey.

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/21 4:49 pm, edited 6/13/21 9:50 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I have an incredible , wonderful artist plastic surgeon to recommend to you in Mexico .... so a lot less expensive but so much better in the results .

If I can recommend something as a patient - show him your ? fatty ? pics so he knows where the bad areas are and then work out like a demon to get those areas to their smallest before your actual surgery.

The maximum safe amount to get liposucked is 15 lbs but no conservative safe and caring surgeon in my experience will do more than 8 or ten - and that?s TOTALLY effective if you?ve slimmed down and the fat cells are empty . (((()))

Most Active