Siily little question -

NHPOD9
on 10/3/18 12:42 pm

My avatar is Picasso's Girl Before a Mirror (1932). I love it and is fairly accurate for my own body dysmorphia. I spent my teens and twenties obsessing about my flaws. Now I look at pictures of my youth and just see beauty and think about all that needless angst.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Amy R.
on 10/4/18 10:51 pm

Big yes on the needless angst! Why do we put ourselves through that do you think? Sad how much space those thoughts took up in my mind twenty or thirty years ago. And do guys obsess over their flaws to the same degree?

We are big Picasso fans here. When the exhibit was in Seattle around 2011 or so we went through a couple of times. Amazing talent. Just amazing.

itsjustmisty
on 10/3/18 1:21 pm
VSG on 10/10/18

My name is my screen name I have on Instagram. I like to keep things simple. The picture is a reminder to myself and others to love ourselves no matter what. :)

Amy R.
on 10/4/18 10:52 pm

I love that! Probably more people than we imagine need to learn that concept and hold on to it.

Colonel_Panic
on 10/4/18 6:15 am - Raleigh, NC
VSG on 04/08/19

My user name is a nerd joke, and my avatar is a visualization of random numbers in grayscale.

Amy R.
on 10/4/18 10:57 pm

Hmmm. I'm missing something. I'm unsure what a kernel panic has to do with a nerd joke - unless the kernel panic phenomena is all a big joke that only computer nerds understand? Enlighten me please when you have a minute.

As far as your avatar, it seems proof positive that you are more advanced in logic areas and intense mathematical thinking than I am. WAY more advanced. I look at that stuff and get a headache so I try not to look too hard.

Colonel_Panic
on 10/5/18 6:45 am - Raleigh, NC
VSG on 04/08/19

Well I thought it was fun; never occurred to me it could be trigger-y. Sorry.

When letting my freak flag fly, I should be mindful that there are people out there with bad experiences with nerds.

Amy R.
on 10/13/18 9:14 am, edited 10/13/18 2:26 am

I'm sorry - I've been out of town for a few days and hadn't seen this. You didn't offend; I somehow misworded my response.

Probably because I didn't notice your user name until just this morning. I had tunnel vision and was looking straight at it - but only paying attention to your avatar.

This will bump the thread back up but I wanted to clarify so there is no misunderstanding. My head starts spinning when I look at numbers but I don't consider myself a victim of higher math. Or nerds of any category ;)

edited: grammar

Colonel_Panic
on 10/16/18 8:21 am - Raleigh, NC
VSG on 04/08/19

Heh, no worries, thanks. Rather than missing sarcasm, I spotted it when it wasn't there.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 10/4/18 6:28 am
RNY on 12/31/13

My avatar is just me. It was taken candidly as I left the bathroom after cleaning it. LOL. No great story there -- it just sized relatively easily.

I switch between two -- and really the only reason I don't update it more often is that I find OH's sizing of the avatars to be difficult.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active