Bought shirts that are a size smaller

z_m14
on 8/15/16 9:41 am
RNY on 07/05/16

Love this feeling. I went to DXL, which is a "big guys'" store, and I bought some shirts in a size smaller than what I've been wearing. I love them, and they feel so nice. 

I'll be especially happy when I can shop in normal clothing stores; I'm looking forward to the discounts!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/16 10:17 am, edited 8/15/16 3:18 am

Congratulations. Great NSV. 

That is a great feeling. Check out stores like TJMAXX. They have name brands and great prices. 

Just don't buy a ton of stuff. We lose so fast in the beginning that sometimes we forget we have new things and never get to wear them 

z_m14
on 8/15/16 1:13 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

It's funny because I said to myself, "I need to get out of here before they want my first-born child." LOL. I needed some nice, new clothes for the start of the school year. Definitely didn't want to go overboard.

Thought about buying some fall and winter clothes, but there's a 99% chance that I'll be smaller by the time I need to wear them, so it'd be a waste to buy winter clothes when they will be too big on me by then. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/16 1:22 pm

Always need to look nice. Meaning clothes fitting right. It does make us feel better when stuff isn't hanging off of us.

Buying the right underwear is important also. 

Lisa F.
on 8/15/16 11:16 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling??!!

I'm 2.5 months post-op and down 2 dress sizes, which blows my mind a little. I was a 20 when I went into surgery, and last week my 18 pants were swimming on me. Yesterday I went to TJMaxx (agree with previous post... it's a great store to find in-between sizes) and bought 16 pants and XL shirts (just a couple).

If things keep going this way, I'll be a 14/L by Halloween and officially out of plus sizes. I'm 52 and I think the last time I was at this size was 20 years ago!

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

Most Active