Universal Studios and bariatric eating

cheapskate
on 8/5/16 8:01 am
RNY on 03/30/15

We are going to Universal in a few weeks and I haven't been able to find any information online about options. Has any body been?  I am looking for specific advice. I have found Mythos has low carb options. That is about all. 

Theduffman27
on 8/5/16 8:06 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I have not been to universal in years, we prefer Disney. That being said I am sure you would be able to find some choices and worse case could settle for a grilled chicken or burger with no bun? Pack yourself some snacks, jerky, nuts, slim jims, to supplement as well.

acbbrown
on 8/5/16 8:27 am - Granada Hills, CA

Ive been. I don't eat in the park (except once when I had tacos or something). I go out and eat at City Walk where they have places where you can definitely get protein. Im usually so busy and engaged that I don't even think about food or get hungry much when Im there. My biggest problem is hydration - drinks are friggen expensive. I wanna say they don't allow outside food or drink which makes it hard but, my main priority is always just having fun.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

stacyrg
on 8/5/16 9:06 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I second eating at city walk.  Although we're going to Harry Potter world in September and I'm going to give myself a bit of a pass (hold your comments, I'm 2 plus years out and know what I'm doing!)

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/16 9:07 am - CA

Head outside of Universal to eat and have more bariatric friendly options.  City Walk has a lot of restaurants to choose from and you can find just about anything. Bubba Gump you can request that your food not be prepped with the butter and any other calorie laden items.  That way, you are getting a good amount of protein.    If you can't exit the park and re-enter then choose options like chicken sandwich or burger without the bun.  I know the new Simpson attraction has a burger place.   We would eat at Mel's Diner which has the burger and chicken sandwich mentioned above.   There is a taco place, you could ditch the tortillas.   I would not eat at Harry Potter's attraction, it is high in fat from what I can see on the menu.  

Good luck!  Enjoy your day. 

~Nik

mute
on 8/5/16 9:11 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I'm going to Universal in October and have been wondering the same thing. But I can almost always find something eat places, I am about 17 months out though so I'm not sure concerned. But I do still like to do research before I go places on vacation.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Meggles07
on 8/5/16 10:02 am - Canada

I went in March and ate in Harry Potter world -- at Three Broomsticks. Disney was definitely easier, but it's not impossible to find things that will work. I brought a water bottle with me and asked for tap water at the stands/restaurants and just kept filling my bottle. I also took things like protein bars, jerky, moon cheese, and roasted chickpeas that I could eat in a pinch.

iloveravens
on 8/5/16 10:56 am
RNY on 08/13/14

City Walk has a bunch of restaurants with options of burgers, sushi, fish, etc.  I went in Nov.  I had no problem finding something to eat.  Have so much fun!!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Most Active