I am too paranoid

z_m14
on 6/21/16 3:58 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I have probably talked to my insurance company thousands of times during this process, and I think I really need to take a chill pill. I keep making sure that everything will be covered and if there will be any changes when my plan renews on July 1st. I get the same answers every time I call that yes, everything will be covered. I just am worried I will get a huge bill in the mail after my surgery. 

I need to stop worrying! 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/21/16 4:04 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Get it in writing. Then, if there are any problems, you can go back to your paperwork.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

z_m14
on 6/21/16 4:05 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I have transcripts of everything. I mostly chatted with them online so that I can save the conversations.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/21/16 4:08 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I don't think that would be sufficient. Not sure about other plans, but my insurance has a disclaimer on the phone and on web chat saying that they only provide "general information," and that anything a customer service agent says is "not a guarantee of coverage."

See if you can get an official document, printed by them and mailed to you explaining what your policy includes.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

z_m14
on 6/21/16 4:11 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Oh, I was thinking you meant the conversations between the reps and me. I actually have copies of the policy, but I still get paranoid. 

Most Active