Paperwork is at the PCP's office!

z_m14
on 6/7/16 7:27 am
RNY on 07/05/16

I took all my paperwork to my PCP today so that he can send it to my surgeon. The receptionist was confused and tried tell me that I had to have an appointment for him to sign anything. I really had to bite my tongue, but I told her that I have been there for six months, and I'm just doing what the person who I talked to on the phone told me to do. Thankfully, she took the paperwork and said she'd give it to him. Hopefully it doesn't get "lost."

RNY on 12/22/14

I can hear you sneezing and maybe you should make an appt with your PCP to get that checked out in a few days if it does not go away and your surg does not get the paperwork.

Sharon

z_m14
on 6/7/16 7:47 am
RNY on 07/05/16

LOL! I actually have an appointment on Monday. I thought about cancelling it, but I'm going to go.

RNY on 12/22/14

That is a respectful time allowance - you are not breathing down their neck every 5 minutes, but you are doing your part to follow up on a major health issue.  I did not see my ins package but, based on the stuff I did, it had to have been at least 25 pages long.

Sharon

z_m14
on 6/7/16 8:38 am
RNY on 07/05/16

Exactly. I am just trying to expedite this process by getting my paperwork to him ASAP. There always has to be an "issue" when I go to the office to request something to be done. I know the receptionist is following protocol, but I had to repeatedly tell her that I was told to bring in the paperwork. It's just annoying. Hopefully my PCP will get that stuff faxed to my surgeon's office this week. At least I can chat with him on Monday to see where he is in the process. If he says he didn't get anything, I'll be mad.

Fingers crossed! 

Most Active