Are you kidding me?

z_m14
on 5/22/16 6:02 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I just opened my mail from yesterday, and I got a letter from my sleep study doctor saying that "repeated attempts have been made to cancel your appointment for Monday, May 23rd, because Dr. X's practice is closing on June 30th, and he will not be accepting new patients."

My evaluation is supposed to be tomorrow.  What the hell am I supposed to do?!? How did they not know this was going to happen when I scheduled my appointment in the middle of April? I'm so pissed right now. I took the day off work, and NOW this appointment is not going to happen?!

What should I do in the morning? My appointment was supposed to be at 10 a.m. Should I call his office? I'm just pissed off because they said that they have made "repeated attempts" at contacting me when I have not received one phone call or letter from them. This is ridiculous.

The letter also notes that another doctor is taking sleep study patients and to call and make an appointment with him. I need an appointment ASAP!

What should I do?

White Dove
on 5/22/16 6:24 pm - Warren, OH

Call and nicely explain what happened.  Yelling will probably get you nowhere.  See how quickly you can schedule with the new doctor and enjoy your day off.

Possibly Dr x has a health issue that was not known in April.  Sometimes the wrong phone number is being called and they can not contact you.  You need an appointment so be as nice and understanding as possible when you call.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mary Gee
on 5/23/16 1:43 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Basically the same thing happened to me.... except I didn't find out until I showed up for the appointment.  I was not happy and flipped out on them.  I had waited a long time  for the appointment.  My rant did not go over well.  Hopefully you'll get an appointment with the other doctor quickly.  The sleep study was my biggest hurdle.... took f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

I think we all suffer a bump in the road of some sort on our per-op journey.  But it's well worth all the effort.

Good luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

z_m14
on 5/23/16 6:06 am
RNY on 07/05/16

I just called, and the lady said that she would let me go in today. Thank God! 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/23/16 7:46 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Make sure they have the right phone number in your file. It's possible that they kept calling the wrong number because they made a typo in their system!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

z_m14
on 5/23/16 8:19 am
RNY on 07/05/16

They did. The woman fixed it. 

Most Active