Secret WLS Facebook Groups?

Goldyglitterhips
on 2/20/16 12:17 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I'd like to join some but obvi being secret I can't find them  ;)

I'm "OK" with being in a closed group but really feel safer in a secret one - which is weird bc I talk about my wls pretty openly when I'm with people face to face.  I'll take recommendations for closed groups as well if I don't get any offers for secret groups.  

Will continue to soak up everything you all have to say here on this site, just FB is easier on my phone while I need a little support/motivation on the go.

TIA!

(RNY scheduled 3/1/16)

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/16 12:51 pm

There no "secret" groups. There are "private" groups... 

Some more private that others. 

Hope you find one you would be happy with. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Goldyglitterhips
on 2/20/16 7:02 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Yup, there are open, closed or secret groups. 

Open - everyone can find it when searching and see what's being posted, shows up on your profile that you are part of it.

Closed - everyone can find it when searching but only members can see being posted,  shows up on profile that you are part of it.

Secret - will not show up in searches and one may only join if invited by current member and *does not show up on your profile that you are part of it.

There are many for wls and rny, was just hoping for recommendations of someone's favorites as some are not very active, get spammy, ot run especially negative,  etc.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/16 9:47 pm

Lol.. I guess then I don't know... I am in a few private groups...not sure if they are secret.. Some probably are. 

I could not find private RNY group that I want to be part of so far.  I am almost 8 years post op and there is a lot of misinformation on many RNY groups.. Blind leading the blind... Ugh.. 

There are ome open.. Try them first and see if someone then invite you to a secret one.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Goldyglitterhips
on 2/21/16 10:19 am
RNY on 03/01/16

That is what I was worried about :/  the few that I've tried haven't been all that helpful  - most posts are either wls:101 or pretty mean.

SKmammabear
on 2/20/16 2:17 pm

when on Facebook, try searching for your specific type of surgery.  I have found a duodenal switch group and a bariatric eating site on there.  Both are closed groups and have lots of info.  Good luck!

NYMom222
on 2/20/16 7:05 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Many of them are closed, so people can feel more free to post and your non-WLS friends and colleagues won't see what you wrote. They are pretty easy to find. Just use the search function... the ultra-secret ones I can't help you with.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Grim_Traveller
on 2/20/16 8:52 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Someone told me about a website called Obesity Help that has a lot of groups like you're talking about.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

MickeyDee
on 2/21/16 1:32 am

(snerk)

Goldyglitterhips
on 2/21/16 10:17 am
RNY on 03/01/16

hmmm I'll totally have to look into that. 

Most Active