When will I be successful....

hyder1ab
on 12/29/15 12:52 pm
RNY on 05/06/15

in my own mind? I have done very well, but, I still just don't see it.

Highest Weight: 350+

Program Start: 328

Surgery Weight: 299 5-5-15

Current Weight: 187

I feel like I have blinders on. I have lost a great deal of weight in the past 7 months. But, I feel like my head hasn't caught up. I think part of it is that I didn't feel like I looked as large as I was. Now looking back at pictures I can definitely see how truly large I was. I feel as if I look the same but logically I know that is false. Sometimes I put on my old clothes to drive the point home to myself. For goodness sakes, I can wear a size 8 pant! Why don't I see this as an accomplishment? I struggle with myself, especially right now because I am in a stall. And, I over analyze what I could have done better to have lost more by now. Does it ever get easier? Does your mind ever match the reflection? 

Kathy S.
on 12/29/15 1:10 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It takes time.......  use photos to see what your mind won't let you.  That really helped me.  And BTW, YOU ARE A SUCCESS

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

hyder1ab
on 12/29/15 1:25 pm
RNY on 05/06/15

Thanks, I will try that. It's been difficult because it has been a fast change. And I don't get why I can't be happy with my progress. Like, I feel like I can't celebrate along the way until I reach my goal. I know that's crazy, and before when I would lose weight I was much more positive about it. I don't know what's different with this time.

Kathy S.
on 12/29/15 1:43 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Your mind is a powerful thing. I am 11 years out and after a weight gain I put my size 6 jeans on yesterday.  Hello, size 6 and I still didn't look skinny in the mirror. I just shake it off and know it's a heck of a lot better than my size 32.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/29/15 6:05 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Pictures helped me also.  Especially when I covered my face, and I could look objectively.  You will see the 'new you,' remember you are still changing everyday. When you weight stabilizes, you will adjust to you.  I used to scare myself because I caught sight of myself out of the corner of my eye and I didn't recognize me. 

OMG - I'm loving my size 6s and 8s, scared as all get out that it will come back.  Thankfully, that fright is keeping me moving.

Sharon

White Dove
on 12/29/15 1:21 pm - Warren, OH

Your brain plays a strange trick on you.  When it sees your face and head it fills in the old heavy body that it associates with that face.  Look at full body photographs with your head covered and you can see how fantastic your new body looks now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hyder1ab
on 12/29/15 1:26 pm
RNY on 05/06/15

It's like a crazy optical illusion. Clearly, the weight is gone. But, I feel like it's a fun house mirror.

White Dove
on 12/29/15 2:46 pm - Warren, OH

The same thing can happen in reverse which is why people who do not weigh every day can get a real shock when they do get on a scale.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hyder1ab
on 12/29/15 3:33 pm
RNY on 05/06/15

I bet! I'm a weigh everydayer.

hollykim
on 12/29/15 7:01 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 29, 2015 at 8:52 PM Pacific Time, hyder1ab wrote:

in my own mind? I have done very well, but, I still just don't see it.

Highest Weight: 350+

Program Start: 328

Surgery Weight: 299 5-5-15

Current Weight: 187

I feel like I have blinders on. I have lost a great deal of weight in the past 7 months. But, I feel like my head hasn't caught up. I think part of it is that I didn't feel like I looked as large as I was. Now looking back at pictures I can definitely see how truly large I was. I feel as if I look the same but logically I know that is false. Sometimes I put on my old clothes to drive the point home to myself. For goodness sakes, I can wear a size 8 pant! Why don't I see this as an accomplishment? I struggle with myself, especially right now because I am in a stall. And, I over analyze what I could have done better to have lost more by now. Does it ever get easier? Does your mind ever match the reflection? 

Google body dud morphia. It explains a lot

Most Active