Just came back from first seminar

z_m14
on 10/14/15 9:43 am
RNY on 07/05/16

I just came back from my first seminar for bariatric surgery. All the information was really overwhelming, but I am excited to finally start this process. I have to do a six-month diet with my PCP; I figured I better call today and schedule an appointment, and the first available date is December 3rd, which isn't bad in all honesty. I can't get the surgery until summer because of school, and the six months will be over in May, so the timing is perfect. I am also meeting with my surgeon later today, so I'm excited about that.

I know this waiting period will seem like forever, but I know that wait will be well worth it and will payoff in the end.

cher22
on 10/14/15 11:54 am - Oak Park, IL

Congrats on your journey!!

It all worth the wait!

Peaceful day to you !!

Quiltingnonnie
on 10/14/15 6:29 pm

I too had to go thru a 6 month program before surgery, the time really did fly by. You will be busy making sure you have all your requierments meet. It really will go by fast. I start my 2 week liquid diet before surgery on Friday. I can't believe I'm at this point already. Best of luck to you.

Doingrightin2015
on 10/15/15 2:20 am
RNY on 03/10/15

It will go by fast once you get through it all. I had to do the 6 months also and I took it a month at a time. I focused on one Dr appointment to the next which made it not seem so far away. Congratulations on starting the process. It is very exciting and hard to believe that you are finally taking control to change your life for the better

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/16/15 1:45 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Sounds like you are on your way. Your surgeon may have some ideas so you can get all the other stuff done and get your surgery scheduled for as soon as school is over. If there are other WLS surgeons in your area, you can go to their meetings and chose the best one. (I went with the first surgeon that I saw, and did not feel the need to go to another dr's public meeting, although I had planned to.)

Sharon

z_m14
on 10/16/15 1:02 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I thought about other surgeons, but this one is closest to my house, and all the others are in the city. I like him, so I'm just going to stick with him.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/18/15 3:19 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I went with the first doctor I met also. He had a good take on the issue, didn;t mislead people, and had a zero mortality rate. Good enough for me.

Best of luck,

PS I remember a year ago when I was going through the pre-WLS activities - I felt like, even if I got turned down or changed my mind, I was getting a great physical check-up, the kind they won't do anymore for an annual physical.

Sharon

Most Active