Starting the road to WLS

z_m14
on 9/23/15 4:59 am
RNY on 07/05/16

Hi, everyone.

I have been a frequent lurker on these forums. For the past few years, I have tried dieting many times. For the most part, I was always able to lose 60 lbs. each time I tried, but then I lose motivation and gain it all back and then some. I'm currently the heaviest I've ever been, and it's sad. I never considered WLS until recently. I know many people who have had it, but I never gave it any thought until a week ago. Since then, I watched a seminar on UPMC's website and then filled out an application. I am currently waiting for them to call me back to meet a surgeon. I also called my insurance company to make sure it will be covered, and thankfully, it will be. I know it's going to be a long road, but I'm ready to make a change.

gracie88
on 9/23/15 8:48 am
RNY on 08/26/15

This was me one year ago.  It's worth the journey.  The time will fly by!  Congrats on your first step to a new life!

Seminar Sept 2014 - 221

First 6 month weigh in - November 2013 - 220

Surgery Day 8/26/15 - 199

Current Weight (9/1/16) 128.0  RNY  5' 2"

Kathy S.
on 9/23/15 9:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  We are glad that you have joined our OH community.  

As you check out OH, you'll see many features and tools that are created for our members as you embark on your WLS journey.  OH is a great place for support, research and tools to assist you with your journey.  Here are a few suggestions:

About Obesity
About Weight Loss Surgery
Medical Necessity
Post-op Planner
BMI Calculator
Health Tracker

We also have a great HELP SECTION with tutorials to assist you with navigating our site. If you need our assistance, you can reach us at [email protected]

You didn't mention what surgery type you are researching and or having.  May we suggest you post on the forum for your surgery type to reach out to those that are having the same surgery as you.

Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)

LAP-BAND Forum

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

We look forward to your updates

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

z_m14
on 9/23/15 2:40 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Hi again,

I didn't realize that Highmark BCBS ended its contract with UPMC. Luckily, I have another place where I can get it done. I called another hospital today, and the secretary told me just to fill out a form online, and she will contact me in a few days. I was a little scared after I heard that Highmark wasn't "in network" with UPMC. Luckily I had another option! 

z_m14
on 9/24/15 11:42 am
RNY on 07/05/16

Just got a call from the surgeon's office! I have to go to a meeting on October 14th, and then I meet with the surgeon that same day to discuss my plan. I guess I will start the six-month diet, as well. I'm so excited! The ball is finally rolling!

Most Active