Finally told to shut up!

MelodyMay
on 9/3/15 3:45 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I warned my boyfriend that my life was going to revolve around my surgery. I warned him that I would find myself talking about it all of the time. I let him know that at any point, it gets to much to kindly tell me to shut up. He is my partner in life and we live together. Our day to day lives are basically work, his kids and my sister. I can only talk to my sister so much and don't have any friends so he hears 50% or more of the " I can't believe I am doing this".." I miss chocolate"..."Even Greek Yogurt is fattening!"..he gets all of it..

Well, last night I was freaking out about the thought of surgery and how I am scared of being rolled into the operating room. I have Anxiety and Panic attacks and I know I am going to completely lose it. After about 30 minutes, he looks at me and says "Remember when you told me that at some point you were going to need to be told to stop talking about your surgery for a while? You have now reached that limit. Please shut up."....I just looked at him and started cracking up...I realized that I have been talking about this pretty much none stop for about 2 months. 

I am still in shock and awe that I am actually doing this. I think I am talking about it so much because it doesn't seem real yet. I just have to remember that he isn't as involved in this process as I am. Don't get me wrong, he has been loving and supportive and caring and understanding the entire time. He understands that his diet is going to change as well and what this means for us and our life together. I think that since the surgery won't be until early next year, he just needs a bit of a break from it. 

He's like "Yay Sweetie! I am so happy for you. This is going to save your life so I get more time with you! Can't wait! Now shhhhhhhhhh!" 

Still love him 

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

zann50
on 9/3/15 4:28 pm

He sounds like a keeper!  Happy for you😊

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/15 5:49 pm

He sounds like a great guy ... I need to meet one like that !   Does he have any brothers ?

MelodyMay
on 9/3/15 6:39 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

He is and he does...but he's not nearly as amazing as Garrett. He's truly one of a kind 

The Salty Hag
on 9/3/15 7:23 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I've never been told to shu**** but I'm pretty sure my hubby tunes me out once in a while when I get on a roll about weight loss surgery stuff. It doesn't happen as much since this lifestyle is my normal now. 

I do have a tip regarding your being nervous while being taken into the OR. My doc offered me something to take the edge off while I was waiting. Like a dummy I said no. By the time they wheeled me in, I was ready to run for it. 

If they offer you the good stuff...take it...lol!! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/4/15 7:29 am - OH

Um... Greek yogurt is NOT "fattening"...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Tracy D.
on 9/4/15 1:48 am, edited 9/4/15 2:37 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You think you talk too much about it now?  Wait until AFTER surgery!  My daughter finally had to tell both me and my husband that she'd had enough after several weeks post-op.  The process is consuming and life-altering but no one else really wants to hear about it 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

jgreenlee12
on 9/4/15 11:41 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I agree with Tracy. I feel like this surgery has consumed my entire life. That's all I EVER talk about. Losing, Gaining, protein, calories, carbs, I cant eat that, im tired of that, how do I look in this, I cant believe this fits, does this make me look fat....and on and on. Im surprised no one has told me to shut up.

Most Active