back pain

ontheroadoncemore1
on 8/20/15 9:53 am

Since L B I am experiencing really bad backaches. The minute I do things it flares up. Any help.

White Dove
on 8/20/15 10:50 am - Warren, OH

I stand against a wall and pull my shoulders bac****il my posture is straight. 

That has been helping me.  But you need to get to a doctor and find out what is going on.  Many causes of back pain.  None are normal and you should not be suffering needlessly.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jamrodriguez
on 8/20/15 5:47 pm

I started experiencing back aches my first week back at work after my surgery. A physical therapist friend told me that it could be because my abs could not engage as well as they were used to, and thus my back was doing twice the work to hold my weight up. Try stretching in the morning and several times throughout the day. I use my yoga ball to stretch or just lay on the floor a few minutes, or do "cat-cow". 

Dan1962
on 8/21/15 6:04 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I had many pains, back and lower back specifically.  I saw my dr who said my weight loss was uneven causing nerves to be pinched.  One I lost a little more and my body parts we evenly proportioned, I would feel better.  It was true, a couple more weeks in and it was fine.  Also since I was walking so much, I had to upgrade my sneakers which eliminated my sciatic nerve pain.  

Don1965
on 5/19/17 5:00 pm

Hi Dan - I think I'm experiencing the same thing at the moment. My upper back area, sort of between my shoulder blades sort of feels like I've pulled a muscle or even starts to "burn" if I've been up and walking around too long. If I'm sitting down or lying down it's fine. And it doesn't even really act up too much until I've been moving for a little while. I've lost about 120 pounds with 70 left to go but this new pain coincided with my decision two weeks ago or so to get a "Fitbit" and start walking 5,000 steps per day. The "burning" sensation made me think of a pinched nerve so it's interesting that you mentioned that. Did you also have the pain in your upper back area like I did or only in your lower back? And also, it just eventually went away on its own as you continued to lose weight and as your body adjusted or did you have to do something specific? Thanks Dan. I was starting to think I was losing my mind.

-Don

Nancy
on 8/25/15 5:54 am - Kasson, MN

Best thing I have done is use an inversion table!  You feel sore the first couple times using it, but my stiactic nerve don't bother me much anymore and just have to use it every 6 months or so, when back acts up!  My whole lower back is bad!

Most Active