Having myself a woe is me day

Kiwideb
on 8/10/15 5:51 pm, edited 8/10/15 6:14 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Humph! Grumpy cat and I are in charity today.

Im having a feeling sorry for myself day. I've sort of been due it for a couple of weeks now - this lovely stall I've put myself in to doesn't help me either.

All of July was dealing with the craziness of finding out my son has a Glioblastoma Multiforme Brain tumor (level 4 cancer), and a total of three surgeries to deal with that. This month it's on to radiation, chemotherapy and... High school in the middle of all that. ( We have a website if anyone's interested in the story)

My needs have taken a very definite back seat - as they should. But combined with having to be replaced in my position at work (not lost my job, but hours reduced and from home - I can't manage people if I'm not there), and not being strict on my eating habits so I've stalled (I know what I need to do, but my world imploding has meant I've not been as diligent while in and out of hospitals and surgical waiting rooms... and a total over use of coffee) I'm feeling rather wrecked. Like I've been fired (although I haven't, I'm assured a job once things settle down) and am a failure all around (I'm not, I'm looking after my child and family, and my weight has stalled, not risen).

And of course, there's the PMS and hormonal/stress acne from hell just to top off my day. My skin/ovaries/ liver needs to catch up to this weight loss program and sort themselves the hell out. And forget getting to the gym - at the end of the day I can't seem to contemplate the stairs let alone a stairmaster)

BAHUMBUG indeed!

And 'they' say WLS is the Easy Button... 'They' need to know its as easy to self destruct with as it is without...

(and yes, I'm getting my liquids and protein in, but too many carbs, I know it, I'm back working on it now we have reached the daily routine portion of treatment)

/whineyrantoff

akanikkie
on 8/10/15 3:16 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

Sounds like so much to deal with.  I am so sorry about your son.  Our kids are our lives.  At the risk of sounding like a trendy self-help book, please take good care of yourself.  That, in itself, is taking good care of him too.  Where would he be without a healthy, strong Mom? Hang on to him and that will help keep you grounded.  I'll be praying for you on all fronts.  

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/10/15 3:24 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Hugs to you!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

TexasTerritory
on 8/10/15 3:44 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Hugs

Jenn77p
on 8/10/15 4:09 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

I am so sorry to hear about your son. I couldn't imagine being in your shoes however as a nurse I have seen this, and have held hands with family members during very difficult times. I even have shed tears with them. So i am very sorry and empathize for u and your family. 

On another note stay healthy and strong. Maybe bring protein snacks in a lunch bag. Fruit and veggies. Protein shakes. Whatever u like. Your son would want you to continue on your weight loss journey. Do it for him. 

praying for your son and family. 

Jenn 77 p

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/10/15 9:32 am, edited 8/10/15 9:36 am

Considering everything- you are doing a fantastic job. 

Stalled = maintaining. Without VSG - you could have to do what you are doing while carrying the 76 lbs you lost... And with stress and full stomach you probably would gain 10 lbs or so... 

Overall - you are managing. Making the best in the situation.Congratulations.

Good luck and lots and lots of warm hugs.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

peacebypiece
on 8/10/15 5:05 pm

Hi there:

my two cents---I read you being honest and very aware of what is going on for you right now. And my hope for you..is by writing out your thoughts to share with all of us, it has helped shine a bit of a light on all you are managing right now and what you want to change a bit to feel more in control of what you can (i.e. Getting in your protein and water)sending you thoughts of strength and hope! Two cents over:)

Most Active