Been there done that.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/8/15 10:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Oh, why did you have to go and do that.

She acted like she loved me. But really, she just wanted my money. Let's not even get started on that other redheaded ***** Wendy.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Willie H.
on 7/9/15 11:28 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Lil Debbie and Wendy are attractive and enticing! And how about those hussy's like Sara Lee, Bette Crocker and especially those Suzy Q twins!????  Even those cougars Aunt Jimima and Mrs Butterworth had a hold on me!!  

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/14/15 10:30 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

How about Alton Brown - losing all the weight and then still promoting high calories foods.  In fact, I dont think I've ever seen nutritional info on the Food Network - what a bunch of pushers.

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/15 4:52 pm - Canada

Let's pretend that the box actually says: "Little Debbie Has A SMACK For You!" (If you eat it.) LOL!

NYMom222
on 7/8/15 3:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

"so don't fall for the trap of normal." --- thanks for sharing this. Profound.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

613Nan
on 7/11/15 1:07 pm - Canada

An AHA! moment for me. This is such a wonderful post chris_ruff.  It explains perfectly to me (a newbie who has not had surgery) exactly the kind of mental preparation I need to make and keep moving forward.  I have been trying to reconcile in my head how this was going to work and could I do it.  It is basically the same kind of behaviour modification I had to adopt when I quit smoking.  I cannot be a social smoker or I am back to smoking.  I will not be able to be a social eater either.  I love it when someone's explanation just clicks with you and then it all becomes clear. Thanks for this post.  It means more than you will know.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/8/15 8:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Exercising can't undo the fact that we have grown extra skin to cover the fat that we carried. It can tone the muscles underneath your skin, but it won't completely prevent you from having floppy bits as you lose.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hyder1ab
on 7/8/15 9:09 am
RNY on 05/06/15

I know there are many factors that contribute to loose skin, I was more looking for a few personal experiences on what ppl felt worked/didn't work for them.

hollykim
on 7/8/15 4:51 am, edited 7/8/15 4:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM Pacific Time, hyder1ab wrote:

I know there are many factors that contribute to loose skin, I was more looking for a few personal experiences on what ppl felt worked/didn't work for them.

plastic surgery worked for me! That is all that works. Stretched skin does not magically Unstretch,no Matter what you do.

sor09
on 7/8/15 7:16 pm

Yup, I got lots of skin. Kaiser does not include PS in the WLS package. I  know it would help a lot but I am managing what I got. The skin goes back some what... at one time pannis was to my knees, and now a little apron stuffed in my jeans. I am older, and there's genes, so that's part of it too. I do use vitamin E oil + tea tree oil for the folds daily. I use other essential oils for healthy skin too. I add foods that have high vitamin "A" and omega 3 oils and added collagen capsules and bamboo tea... I would like to massage the thighs and stomach more to see if the method works there too. These days post op I'm finding people don't consider me and my age since the clock did turn back for me. I wear shirt sleeves a lot, and did get a comment on "how come you do not have bat wings?" I massage with the  oils and only stretch marks are leftover child birthing... underneath my clothing. Spanx and Spanx types are used when I where dresses some times. I am not anti-PS. I think its a great choice.

Most Active