Revisional surgery from lap bands to sleeve?

MW7208
on 6/6/15 7:00 am
VSG on 07/29/15

I had lap band surgery about 7 years ago and developed some physical problems with it, so it had to be removed a few months ago.  I was scheduled to have bypass a few weeks ago but had a lot of hesitation about it and cancelled, wanting more time to decide between bypass and sleeve.  

My doctor's office says the patients who do revisional bad to sleep surgery loose significantly less weight than do the band to bypass, but the bypass is something I just can't seem to get comfortable with.

has anyone had this kind of revisional surgery, and what have been your results?  I'd really appreciate I your input and experiences as I try to make a final decision.

Thank you

Kiwideb
on 6/6/15 11:38 am
VSG on 01/19/15

y doctor's office says the patients who do revisional bad to sleep surgery loose significantly less weight than do the band to bypass, but the bypass is something I just can't seem to get comfortable with.

This was the reason I went for VSG  - I started looking at bypass 10 years ago, but couldn't pull the trigger - and I know very successful bypassers. I'm not quite sure why...

Hislady
on 6/6/15 5:21 pm - Vancouver, WA

From what I have read at 3 yrs out RNYers and sleevers are the same as far as weight loss. Remember the RNYers start losing their malabsorbtion of calories between 12-18 mos so you sleevers have time to catch up. I too would rather do the sleeve.

MW7208
on 6/6/15 6:11 pm
VSG on 07/29/15

Thanks very much!

Most Active