Advantage of Weight stalls people dont realize

Jessica S.
on 5/11/15 6:52 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi everyone

I haven't been on here in a long time but I am 2 years out and I have lost 105 lbs, I haven't made it to my personal goal scale wise but that's ok with me. I would like to talk about the damn stalls but for me those stalls were always were I would lose the most inches. The scale is not a true reflection of your loss and we get hung up on the numbers but I will try and attach the picture of my changes while on stalls. Hope it helps you all see that even though the scale doesn't move doesn't mean your body isn't changing.

Ok I can't attach pic I will put them on my profile.

tni524
on 5/11/15 11:02 am

Thanks for this post.  I was on a stall for a little bit and it helps to put things in perspective!  I was excited to see your pics as I was about your size and to see how you looked at 6 months out I was amazed.  You look amazing thanks again for your post!

HW:245 SW:230 (2/23/15) M1:-18 M2:-9 M3:-13 M4:-5 M5:-10 M6:-8 M7:+2 M8:-7 M9:-3 M10:-6 M11:+3 M12:0 CW:149

boxtop2006
on 5/11/15 12:10 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

Thank You for this message!  You look AMAZING!!!  I am only 7 weeks out so it is always nice seeing folks who have done well.  During my first 3 weeks after surgery I lost about 3.66 lbs a week or 11lbs total, since then I have slowed down considerably and have only lost 6lbs in 4 weeks.  I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, I don't think I am but who knows.  5 days a week I walk for two hours, I can't do much more than that because of a different medical issue.  I only take in between 500-600 calories, about 60 proteins, under 20 carbs, under 20 fats and under 5 sugars.  I eat three meals with 2 snacks a day, each meal has 1-2oz of meat for protein except for breakfast I do a protein shake, after eating the meat usually I don't have room for anything else.  For snack I have old wisconsin turkey sausage bites. I use MFP to help track everything, so I think I am doing what I should be doing and maybe the weight loss just slowed down because I am under 200 pounds with 52lbs to go.   Well, anyways Thank You for your post.  It really gives me something to look forward to. Congrats on your weight loss! :)

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Most Active