4 weeks of clear liquids and extremely bored of with my options!

Pianolover
on 3/20/15 1:41 am

I'm 1.5 weeks into a 4 week post-op clear liquid diet. Anyone else have to do it for that long post-op? I read on here that some people are at week 2 and already on full liquids, and lets be honest...I'm jealous! I fully trust that my surgeon knows what he's talking about, but I was bored with my options a week ago!

Any other suggestions on what to eat (drink) for sugar free, caffeine free, non-carbonated clear liquids? I've done regular water (obviously), jello, crystal/wylers light, homemade chicken broth, and lots of popsicles. And protein drinks, finally found a brand that I enjoy (syntrax fuzzy navel)!

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

Doingrightin2015
on 3/20/15 8:02 am
RNY on 03/10/15

wow so sorry yours is that long. I had to do clear liquids for a week then advanced to puree which is for 3 weeks then  I go to soft for 2 two months. I was ready to get something diff because what protein clear liquids I tried (isopure and New whey) I could not stomach. Felt I need something to help start getting energy back. When I was on clear liquids I was told to do 2oz of pure juice mixed with 2 oz of water every 4 hours. The only juice I was allowed was apple, grape and cranberry (pure) I liked the grape. My NUT told me that the more fluids I got in would help get my energy back up.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/20/15 10:26 am

I've not had WLS yet but I sympathize with you.  Do you like tea?  There's lots of flavored herbal decaf teas on the market that might help overcome the boredom. Hot, cold, and room temps could maybe relieve the boredom too. I like hot lemonade.  Personally I don't like a lot of sweet stuff so I know that might be a sticking point when it's my time to find options. 

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

kathkeb
on 3/20/15 4:03 pm

Warm liquids always felt more satisfying and soothing to me.

So, for lunch and dinner, I had my broth (actually strained Chicken Noodle soup .... Much tastier to me than  broth).

In the evenings, I had a cup of hot tea .... Usually while taking a nice, soothing bubble bath and reading.

I brushed, flossed, gargled ... A clean mouth helps me resist eating in the evenings.  Then I went to bed early and got lots of sleep.

Kath

Fleur
on 3/21/15 4:46 am - Eugene, OR
VSG on 03/10/15 with

A month? Yikes that sucks! I was only on it for 1 week and struggled. Unjury chicken broth with a good shake or 2 of pepper, or pho broth really helped me.

Most Active