Insurance Approved WLS Excited and Scared

Sweetish
on 12/5/14 1:10 am
RNY on 12/12/14

You all are so very helpful on here.  I am very thankful that you all are here for support and advice.  My insurance coordinator from my surgeon's office submitted my paperwork to BC/BS of PA on Wed. morning of this week and I already got an approval.  Surgery is tentatively scheduled for the 15th of December this year.

I am very scared and excited at the same time!  I am so looking forward to being healthy and active again.  I have a question on what, (if anything), I will need to do to prepare for this surgery.  I have ordered all of my vitamins, iron, calcium, etc.  My surgeon doesn't require any pre-op diet.  I do know that 48 hours prior to surgery they really recommend clear liquids, so I plan on drinking lots of chicken broth and water.  

Does anyone have any other helpful suggestions?  My insurance coordinator from the hospital sent a picture to my phone via text msg. of the insurance approval from BC/BS.  Does anyone think I should call my insurance to confirm?  Any helpful advice would be appreciated!  Thanks Again!

Valerie G.
on 12/5/14 1:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

How excitiing to get a surgery date so fast!  You will probably get your approval in the mail very soon. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sweetish
on 12/5/14 2:31 pm
RNY on 12/12/14

Thank You!  I can't wait to start my new healthier life!

Dawn W.
on 12/5/14 1:53 am

What great news :) What a fast response. I hope when I call today I get an answer. My paperwork was sent in Wednesday too. GOOD LUCK TOO U

Han Shot First
on 12/7/14 10:12 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

If it'll help put your mind at ease, give them a call!  But it sounds like it's all a go.

And how exciting that you're getting it done in just a week!  And you'll be all set up for 2015 with a new, healthy life! 

I would also have 2-3 weeks worth of shopping all finished before surgery.  Many people don't feel like doing anything other than sipping and walking afterwards.  Things I had stocked up on included broth, no sugar added apple juice, sugar-free popsicles, sugar-free jello, cream soups, instant potatoes, and water flavorings (Mio, Crystal Light, etc.)   

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Sweetish
on 12/10/14 1:10 pm
RNY on 12/12/14

Thank you for the suggestions.  I go in for my pre-op testing tomorrow.  I hope everything goes well.  I have stocked up on everything and have made a few meals for my family and froze them for them incase I don't feel like cooking.

Forgot about the Crystal Light.  I have heard people have a hard time with plain water-so thanks again.  I am so nervous and excited!!

Most Active