Oldie Here and Curious (with my compliments to CMo)

Christian I.
on 9/10/14 5:12 am - TX

Hey Guys!

I haven't been here in Forever and a day, but I'm very curious to know if any of the other...Goldtimers, Graduates, whatever we are called, are still around. I'll be updating my profile very soon, but I thought that people were most likely to recognize me and say Hi if I kept the same avatar from 2 years ago.

Anywho, Its great to see the ever-changing faces of OH. This site has always been a great source of support and wisdom. Here, together, we build people up, as the pounds go down. Hit me back....even if you don't know me yet.

Cyberhugs amigos,

El Christiano

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/10/14 5:19 am - OH

There are a number of "vets" who are 5+ years out from surgery who are still around on a regular basis, and a few who are 10+ years out who are regular contributors (but many of 10+ years out just pop in and out).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Christian I.
on 9/10/14 5:28 am - TX

Hi Lora, lover your handle BTW (****ro as in the Philosopher, right?)

I had noticed the same trend. The truth is that I really don't have many questions anymore, but what always bring me back is the sense of friendship and genuine desire to help that people always have. AND I want to be one of them too.  But that is not to say that I don't need the support myself.

Congrats on your own success and thanks for replying,

Christian

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/10/14 12:56 pm - OH

Yep, that's the ****ro!

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

AppleSpice251
on 9/10/14 7:56 am

Hi 'back atcha' Christian M.  I am 5+ years post WLS and still happy.  Thanks for 'popping in'.

Christian I.
on 9/11/14 4:32 am - TX

Thanks Apple!  5 years out huh?  Lets see some pictures.

MsBatt
on 9/10/14 11:46 am

I remember you! Welcome back.

Christian I.
on 9/11/14 4:35 am - TX

Gracias Batt!  I guess I've been gone longer than I thought, I can't seem to get your profile to show up.

Price S.
on 9/10/14 9:35 pm - Mills River, NC

Just had my 4 yr surgerversary.  doing great and still on the LW board daily. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Christian I.
on 9/11/14 4:37 am - TX

Ah yes, the Sweet-Spot years 3-7 post op.  And look at you riding horses. Awesome!

I LOVED NC, back in 2007 I holed up in a cabin in Asheville and wrote a book.  Great memories.

Most Active